Newbie with questions

We live in Iowa and bought a Tomtom One about 5 years ago and have never updated it. We don't travel much but it has been very helpful when we did need it. But I tried to put in an address in Rochester, MN and it wouldn't recognize it, this is a house that has been there for over 10 years. I went to the Tomtom site and got a free update, tried to put in the address and it still didn't recognize it. So I'm thinking I need new maps?? What will it cost and is it worth it? I see that these devices have come down drastically since we bought ours. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Julie

Welcome to TTF.

You are most certainly correct in observing the drop in price of newer models.

If indeed you plan to use a gps more frequently than you have in the past, then you probably should consider a newer unit that comes with up to date maps.

For example, a 340M model with lifetime map upgrades and text to speech functionality is listed for $160 on the US tomtom web site. I suspect you can get it for less at authorized resellers of TomTom products.

Here's a link if you are interested.

Ask a Question