Newbie with a question

Hi all,

Pardon the simplicity of my question, but I just got my unit and I'm trying to add on more info to a POI that I created, but I'm not having success in re-loading it up anywhere. POIEdit just sits there churning and never loads.

Any help ponting me in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Jim

If the poi point was created by you, can you not use the unit itself to Change Preferences-->Manage poi-->Edit??

????????

There is no "Manage POI"

There is a "Manage Favorites", but no POI

I'm using the TT ONE 3rd Edition

I created the original POI on TTHome2 using the wizard. There are about 20 POI's in it and I need to add to it without typing in the whole thing again.

???????

Thanks,

Jim

Use Explorer and see if there is a folder on your unit called poi. If there is, move the .ov2 file(s) found there to the specific map folder (US&Can, probably) on your unit. Now see if you can access it.

They were already there with the map files. I dragged the .tlv file over that was in the POI Folder, but that didn't make any difference.

Man, this is frustrating !

Any other ideas?

Jim

What will that do other than wipe out all the personal stuff I've loaded? Is there supposed to be a POI edit button on that model ?

The pin reset may wipe out the time setting but nothing else. The clear flash wipes out NO settings.

Restore to factory defaults (which I did NOT suggest) wipes out all your settings.

Is there supposed to be a POI edit button on that model ?
No there isn't a full POI option on the device you have, if you want to add this capability to the unit have a read through This Thread where I detailed how add thius to the unit.

As allways before messing around with the device in this way please ensure you have a full backup taken using Windows Explorer - Mike

Ask a Question