Newbie POI Question

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Ed.
I have a TT One 3rd Edition and am very happy with it.

I have downloaded some non-TT POI files and have put them in the maps folder as I have seen on the forum so that the One can see them. I have put both the BMP (icon) file and the .ov2 file, which I would guess is the database. What I end up with is 2 entries in my POI list - one with a red square and a dot before the name, and another with the proper icon next to the name.
The red square entry does not show any POIs when it is chosen, but the other entry works okay. I don't know where the red square entry is being generated, or how to eliminate it. It's a pain in the neck and I'd like to get the POI files cleaned up. The red square and dot show up for all new entries and all new entries have these duplicates.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

ok both the file and the bmp has have name like this file ihop.... bmp ihop
go in to the map and check the names for both they got tobe the same

Thanks for the reply. I've checked and the both have exactly the same names:

In-N-Out.bmp & In-N-Out.ov2

I downloaded the POI files from a link here on TTF.com, and am pretty sure they aren't funky. I've read that having the .bmp in the wrong size (this one is 24 x24 72dpi) can make it not show up correctly, but the weird thing is that I'm getting two entries in my POI list on the unit. Only one entry shows up in TT Home.

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

Ask a Question