Newbie adding some POIs

So i am just starting out new with my TomTom One, and like the rest of the forum, adding customized POIs is the way to go, since TomTom leaves alot to be desired. Anyway--I have had luck with some uploads, but not so much with others. When i load some of the POIs, and then search for a local one, it just gives me an entire list to scroll through, all begining with say "Home Depot" and then a street name---how do I tell which is closest? On the side it indicates distances, but they have not been correct....suggestions? Thanks!

The distance is the way to tell if its the closest.

If its the custom POI's that are showing the incoorect distances you can either try and correct them using a Program like POI edt or inform which are incorrect and we can try and correct them.

thanks for that! after playing with the Dunkins POIs, and a few others I realized something---it was not that my tom tom was mistakingly showing me Home Depots in NY or elsewhere--it was that they WERE the closest! Thanks for that! Im learning, and look forward to start adding my own POI lists (hey, i need something to pass the time at work...)

Ask a Question