POI stupid question from newbie

I am so much of a newbie, I haven't even opened the box yet (Christmas I will)
I just bought the Tom Tom ONE XL instead of the Tom Tom One 3rd edition.
I thought I understood the POI levels between the two, but as I stopped into Radio Shack they had a sign that said the TT ONE 3rd Ed had 1.5 million MORE POI's than the XL. If this is in fact true, is there a way to download the POI database from the 3rd edition onto the XL? By the way, I'm not even sure this will end up in the right section, so my apologies for this as well. Any help straightening me out would be appreciated.:eek:

I am so much of a newbie, I haven't even opened the box yet (Christmas I will)
I just bought the Tom Tom ONE XL instead of the Tom Tom One 3rd edition.
I thought I understood the POI levels between the two, but as I stopped into Radio Shack they had a sign that said the TT ONE 3rd Ed had 1.5 million MORE POI's than the XL. If this is in fact true, is there a way to download the POI database from the 3rd edition onto the XL? By the way, I'm not even sure this will end up in the right section, so my apologies for this as well. Any help straightening me out would be appreciated.:eek:

You could always download the pois from this forum. They will probably be more acccurate too!!!

You could always download the pois from this forum. They will probably be more acccurate too!!!
Yeah, and even with "millions" of POIs, there are tons of missing ones. Better to download additional lists as Jim says.

Generally, the POI's are part of the map. Same map, same number of POI's, as far as I see it.

Right. A free map update when Dakota opens the TT should update the POIs too.

Ask a Question