Newbie Q: Adding Waypoints

Hi Guys

I am new (well coming back to) to TomTom and i have a question. On my old TomTom system i could add waypoints to allow me to select a quiet route that i know.

After about 5 years i have decided to but TomTom iphone app to help me plan my route whilst out doing some pleasure riding on the bike, i have installed some power and a bracket to put the iphone in too. On a bike ride i might need to add 15 way points as a good bike ride isnt the direct route from A to B. Is there a way that i can set up a load of waypoints or setup a group of favorites that i can then get the TT to "play".

EG i might want to do a route that in total is 15 miles from A-B but my route might be 60 miles.

Thanks in Advance for any help you can give !

Cheers

Jon

Sorry, only top of the line TomTom units offer route planning. On the cheaper ones, as well as the iPhone App, you can only select one waypoint by "Travel via" in Route Options.

I found this a real pain too. I just sat down to do the same - plan a ride out route for my bike. No can do! I don't see why this option can't be added. If Copilot can do it why can't TomTom?

The iPhone and lower end PND units don't support Itinerary Route Planning, what you can do though it create a custom POI category on the iPhone and then add each way point you want the route to follow, as you get to each waypoint simply select the next waypoint in numeric order.

To be honest there are far better devices/ applications for cycling and the restrictive nature of the iPhone for adding routes/ trails etc to any of the apps makes it one of the worst platforms IMHO - For the mountain bike I tend to use my SatMap active10 which shows OS style maps along with your planned route, prior to this I used a PDA housed in an Otter Box coupled to the handlebar via a RAM mount running either Memory Map or Quo - Mike

Ask a Question