Newbie - Map updates?

TomTom Model(s)
Got a 920 a few weeks ago. It has US map 710.1576 according to Home.

Is this current? Home says it is, but the website says a 7.20 is available to purchase?

BTW, it says app version 8.010. I presume that is current?

Last edited:
Got a 920 a few weeks ago. It has US map 710.1576 according to Home.

Is this current? Home says it is, but the website says a 7.20 is available to purchase?

BTW, it says app version 8.010. I presume that is current?

If your unit is less than 30 days old and it came with NA map 7.10, THEN you ARE entitled to the latest NA map which is indeed 7.20.

Home's software for the Latest Map Guarantee is flakey most of the time. Not only are you entitled to the latest NA map, but the latest European map as well. You'll have to call support and they may require a scan, fax or photo of your sales receipt.

Don't let them tell you that you only get the latest NA map, not European. Be polite but firm and let them know others have gotten both, as have Europeans updating their map AND the NA map.

Call?

Is there a US number? I can only find european numbers on their website. That could be a rather expensive call!

Geesh, you would think this would be a bit easier....

Call?

Is there a US number? I can only find european numbers on their website. That could be a rather expensive call!

Geesh, you would think this would be a bit easier....

call 1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)

found the US number and called. Waited on hold for only a minute or so.

Without much hassle at all, I was asked to scan my receipt and upload it. I did, and was able to get access to both the US and Europe upgrades, so I am told.

I'll see tonight when I get home if all works well.

Too bad they won't give me the 8 series map upgrade...

Ask a Question