Newbee Mess-up

TO30 -

I had almost exactly the same problem you described, after receiving a replacement 140S from TomTom, while updating the voices and maps.

Fortunately, I had an Explorer backup from my previous device. Reformatted the drive, restored all but the maps from my old Explorer backup, invoked HOME to restore the newest maps from the "completed" directory on my desktop, and installed the latest updates.

All seems to be working OK now.

Since CHKDSK showed errors, I wonder if the package went through a strong X-ray machine, which messed up some of the files?

I was wondering about if I needed to use another email address and you answered that !

You can use the same email address, but it requires a workaround:

1. Create a new account/email address for your replacement device
2. Log into your original account (the one for the broken device), and change the email address to a throwaway email address.
3. Log into your new account, and change the email address to the one used in your original account.

Any preferences, "questions" or "repairs" you had recorded under the original account will disappear ... so I suggest you keep the original account for a while, if you have existing messages from TomTom Support.

Ask a Question