New XL-S, Some questions

I used to have a Nuvi 350. Sometimes when would route via POI or insert an address, it tell me I arrived at my destination about 1/4 mile before I arrived there.

An example would be today I was using it for the first time. I did the map upgrade and went through the POI list and chose wal-mart. On the highway, it told me I reached my destination, but the wal-mart was still a good 2,000 yards away. The wal-mart is also set back off the highway and is behind 3 other stores, so you would never know it was there if you never been to the area.

In essence, the tomtom is doing the same thing my garmin did. Is this something that is normal? I would not want to be in an unfamiliar place and it does the same thing. Thanks!

I used to have a Nuvi 350. Sometimes when would route via POI or insert an address, it tell me I arrived at my destination about 1/4 mile before I arrived there.

An example would be today I was using it for the first time. I did the map upgrade and went through the POI list and chose wal-mart. On the highway, it told me I reached my destination, but the wal-mart was still a good 2,000 yards away. The wal-mart is also set back off the highway and is behind 3 other stores, so you would never know it was there if you never been to the area.

In essence, the tomtom is doing the same thing my garmin did. Is this something that is normal? I would not want to be in an unfamiliar place and it does the same thing. Thanks!
Adresses can't always be 100% correct. That would require Geocoding every address in North America.

I just used my TomTom XLS first time today with no updates at all. I just took it out of the box and plug it in and type in my destination and it took me right to the location where I need to go to. I used it for few locations already.

So I have no problems. Maybe your TomTom is defective.

Ask a Question