New Voice! - "Movie Trailer Guy" with free sample.

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce the new TomTom voice called "Movie Trailer Guy". It's a Don LaFontaine sound-alike. While it is still for sale I am giving this voice away for free to TomTomForums.com members. Simply send me a message through my new TomTom link site http://www.tomtomgoodies.com. I hope you all like it!

Kevin

Last edited:
sounds really good thanx 4 the freebie always looking for new free voices,i just wish the tomtomheaven website had their voices in english.that you have a link fot on the tomtomgoodies.com site.

That's true. From what I've discovered the UK accounts for about 75% of all online TomTom activity with another 10-15% coming from the US and Canada and other English speaking countries so an English version of their site and content will most certainly make sense.

Even if you aren't able to translate the page on your computer acquiring the TomTomHeavenXplorer by simply doing a search is worthwhile when it comes to changing icons, and I found a sweet "General Lee" icon on their page that I use from time to time.

I also can't wait for www.yourpnd.com to finish their English translation page. They offer an incredible service allowing people to record their own voice and acquiring it in the appropriate file format in about 10 minutes for around $10.00 US. This would blow the door wide open for people who don't have the know-how or available programs to enjoy making their own voices and sharing or selling them.

I'm certain it won't take long for these and other non-English sites to make their content available to us English speakers so I'd certainly check back with your favorites at least once a week until they are completed.

I'm glad you enjoy the "Movie Trailer Guy" voice and hope you enjoy my other voices coming soon available at www.tomtomgoodies.com!

Where can you get this voice for free?

As Kevin wrote in his OP, go to his website and send him an email that you would like take him up on his free offer for "Movie Trailer Guy" voice. I just got mine last night. (Thanks Kevin!)

I haven't installed it as yet since I'm not sure just how to. It's a zipped file and I don't know where to unzip it to... root of my TomTom or :confused:

As Kevin wrote in his OP, go to his website and send him an email that you would like take him up on his free offer for "Movie Trailer Guy" voice. I just got mine last night. (Thanks Kevin!)

I haven't installed it as yet since I'm not sure just how to. It's a zipped file and I don't know where to unzip it to... root of my TomTom or :confused:

I suspect it would go in the voices folder, Rick.

I suspect it would go in the voices folder, Rick.

Thanks dhn. That sounds right. I just unzipped the folder and see three files listed...
  1. dataXX.bmp (4k-image)
  2. dataXX.chk (1.2meg voice)
  3. dataXX.vif (1k of ??)

Last edited:
Nope, it didn't work.

I must have done something wrong. I copied all three files to the 'voice' directory but it doesn't show up as a choice when trying to change voice. Not sure what I need to do. I sent an email to Kevin to see just how to add this voice. Will post back if/when I hear.

Nope, it didn't work.

I must have done something wrong. I copied all three files to the 'voice' directory but it doesn't show up as a choice when trying to change voice. Not sure what I need to do. I sent an email to Kevin to see just how to add this voice. Will post back if/when I hear.

Was it a typo when you said 'voice' instead of 'voices' folder? It should have an 's'. I just checked my 7.221 backup and indeed the .chk and .vif files reside in my voices folder. Not 100% sure where the .bmp file goes, I suspect the same place.

Done a pin reset?

I blanked the numbers with xx's in my post in case that would be giving out more info than Kevin wanted. I did xfer all three files intact to the voices folder. Maybe I answered wrong to the language question.

I'll try it again later. Thanx.

<< update >>

I was able to change voices to "Movie Trailer Guy". The problem was I tapped 'Yes' to only use voices in my native language. Gee, I thought Don LaFontaine (sound-alike) was speaking English. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, by tapping 'No' for the native language choice, the new voice was offered and loaded just fine. Not sure I'll stay with it as I like Lori's voice most of the time.

Last edited:

Ask a Question