New TT Owner need itinerary help

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL
I just bought my TT One XL yesterday. I want to be excited, but I'm finding it very hard to use, especially trip planning.

I have used the forum and other places to learn and use the Google to GPS for a single address, it worked great, even though the address is off the map, LOL.

Sites that are suggested like http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/ (it's down or doesn't work) and http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/ (my output is just simply a ~ symbol)

I found that Tyre is a bit difficult to start with. I have also tried a script program I found, which didn't give me an output.

I have two questions basically:

1. Is there something out there that actually works, other than what I've tried?

2. Is there a way to save a route I just took, because the route TT gave me was a little off??

Very frustrated and thinking I wasted some $$.

1. Try creating an itinerary manually. It's really not hard. Just make sure that only the final item, your destination, is marked as such (a checkered flag). All other points must be 'waypoints'. You can save this itinerary and call it up whenever you want it.

2. Unfortunately, the only tracking program that existed, Tripmaster, doesn't work well with the new firmware. TomTom isn't supporting 3rd party programs like they used to. The unit itself has no way of recording a route.

A less complicated method is to save your various trip destinations in advance as Favorites or as POIs (my choice, as you can create categories).

Trying to create a master itinerary for a long trip can be a bit daunting (and constaining). I usually plan out my following day's routing in the hotel room the evening before.

Nice page on Tyre Birdman!

Thanks! ;) Please NOTE: There have been a couple updates to the program since I generated that page, so a few icon and screen will be a little different, but you still should be able to follow the same procedure.

Ask a Question