New TT1 owner...no SD card needed

My new TomTom1 does not have a SD card. I was suprized by this, as before I bought I researched the TomTom's and everything I read mentions an SD card. It even has a sticker on the box that states there is no SD card. All the maps are pre-loaded in to the built in memory. There is a SD slot, so I can add memory if needed. Also, it suggested I do a backup onto my HD of the maps. It took 1 gig of HD space to backup my TomTom.

It's called a TomTom 1 new model, or something like that.

I picked up my new tomtom ONE and it also didn't come with an SD card, that's because it's V4, I formatted a 1GB SD card in my computer so I could back up all information, and it wouldn't even power up, it kept showing a picture of an SD card with a large X on it asking me to remove it.

When I performed the backup to the computer, it copied alot more than just the maps, it copied tomtom HOME files as well, I don't know why it would need that, but it took 22 minutes to complete it.

videoman

Ask a Question