Need help from Tomtom One XL-S owners

I used to have Tomtom XL-S and sold it on ebay, but the guy who bought is claiming that I sold him XL. He said the bottom sticker on the unit shows XL instead of XL-S. Can some of you XL-S owner please report back what the sticker shows on the unit.

The part number on the bottom is 1S00.082 for the One XL.S and is 1S00.080 for One XL. That should set him straight.

Hmm, ok based on the info below, that must not be right. I found those on a retailer site as the mfg. part numbers so they must not be the same as the one on the bottom of the unit.

Last edited:
Mine says TomTom one XL

On the bottom of my XLS, it shows in white print TOMTOM ONE XL, and the part number on mine is 4S00.008 The FCC ID also shows just ONE XL.

Strange, but have him check the voices and set it to Susan (computer voice) and try running a demo, once he gets his home location entered and use the "navigate to" and pretned he is traveling somewhere to see if the text to speech calls out street names. He also has to selct the voice and check the opiton to "read aloud street names".

Hope this helps! Later, Jason

On the bottom of my XLS, it shows in white print TOMTOM ONE XL, and the part number on mine is 4S00.008 The FCC ID also shows just ONE XL.

Strange, but have him check the voices and set it to Susan (computer voice) and try running a demo, once he gets his home location entered and use the "navigate to" and pretned he is traveling somewhere to see if the text to speech calls out street names. He also has to selct the voice and check the opiton to "read aloud street names".

I was just about to type the exact same thing that Blister72 wrote...My One XL S is exactly the same as Blister states. If "Susan" reads the street names, you know it is the XL S....The XL does not have text-to-speech.

Darn typos!

I guess great minds think alike! :D

Look at all of those darn typos! That's what I get for trying to type too quickly to help out. LOL!

I noticed my start up splash screen also just showed the One XL this morning, and the site doesn't let you select XLS, just XL. This may be well known by early adopters, but it seems the XLS is the black sheep of the family and put out on the market to appease the TTS crowd with some neglect from the TomTom parents. :confused:

Last edited:

The problem is that the guy claims there's no Susan voice. i think he might have accidentally deleted. Anyone knows how to get it back if there's no back up?

The problem is that the guy claims there's no Susan voice. i think he might have accidentally deleted. Anyone knows how to get it back if there's no back up?

He should be able to download the Susan voice from TT Home. If you go to "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices, etc." then click the "More" button twice, there will be a "Computer Voices" option. From there he should be able to download the Susan voice.

He should be able to download the Susan voice from TT Home. If you go to "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices, etc." then click the "More" button twice, there will be a "Computer Voices" option. From there he should be able to download the Susan voice.

Thanks....

I have an XL-S myself. On the bottom it says XL and on startup it says XL. Tell the person to access the XL-S through their computer as a flash drive on my computer shows as E: and there will be a Loquendo file and this proves that it is a XL-S because this is the text to speech file. I had problems with mine when I first got it.

I used to have Tomtom XL-S and sold it on ebay, but the guy who bought is claiming that I sold him XL. He said the bottom sticker on the unit shows XL instead of XL-S. Can some of you XL-S owner please report back what the sticker shows on the unit.

Just check the first 2 characters of the serial number. One XLS starts with L4.

The One XL with L1.:)

He will not be able to DL Susan unless he has TTH ver. 2.3. TTH 2.1, 2.2 no longer support DL of Comp. Voices.

Ask a Question