New TT Go 700, can't get new USA maps...

Just a few days ago I just got a brand new TomTom Go 700 for Christmas, and I've still got the old maps of the USA and Canada on it. I've written two emails to TT support, asking them if I can get a free voucher for the maps, but so far I've gotten no replies. They're not answering their phones, so I can't talk to someone in person, and that's making me pretty cranky.

I see that people here have had some success with getting vouchers for the UK. Anyone had any luck with a new TT Go 700 and requesting the new USA map voucher?

If not, I'm returning this thing and getting a Garmin Streetpilot. It's not any cheaper than buying the maps, but at least I won't feel like I'm getting screwed as badly.

jb

I think I noted somewhere on the TT site that they would not be in the office during much of the holidays. They are taking care of this issue. Note the thread in this same forum where Larry asked the same question: his response from tt was:

TomTom is going to burn a cd for me with the maps of the U.S. and Canada.

It appears to me that they are pretty consistent with reasonable customer service although I am sure sometimes someone gets overlooked.

Ask a Question