TomTom Home can't see 700

I am running TomTom Home on an iMacG5 running 10.4.8. Home is version 1.3. The 700 is running firmware 6.150. We are travelling to Europe next week and today I bought and downloaded the maps for Western Europe.

When I went to install them the Home program says that 'no compatible TomTom device is connected...'

I restarted the iMac, changed USB ports, changed USB cables, tried starting Home with the 700 off and then turning it on, starting the 700 with Home running in the 'background' (in other words I didn't start it) and in none of these cases would Home recognise my device. Oh, yeah, it used to see it. Since then I think all I have done is run 'maclatest' to install the latest version of Home.

Any ideas? Time is slipping by and the TomTom support people 's automatic email response says they are really busy...

Thanks in advance,

Dave

No I haven't. I have had to do so before and it worked then so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion

Ask a Question