New TomTom maps?

There is something very strange about the information provided in that link you provided. TT used to provide maps on sd cards, but no longer.

What is strange is that the link says 'internet connection required'. Uh, if the map is on a card, why would you need a connection.

I'm not saying something is wrong. If true, TT has changed its tune. Just very weird.

It looks like it's just a code that you enter into home to download it. Sort of like a pre pay thing

On further review, it looks like you are paying for a very expensive sd card! After all, you can pay that much (70 bucks) yourself for a new map as they are on sale and then store it on a sdhc card yourself.

Still strange stuff .........:rolleyes:

However if I was to go TomTom.com and try to purchase a map. The map site comes up saying We apologize for the inconvenience. The Canadian mapstore is closed for repairs. And has been for repairs for as long as I had my Eclipse.:mad: I called TomTom to see when I can get a new map and unable to so at this time. It is unavailable in Canada? Has anyone had any luck with this issue?

Last edited:
However if I was to go TomTom.com and try to purchase a map. The map site comes up saying We apologize for the inconvenience. The Canadian mapstore is closed for repairs. And has been for repairs for as long as I had my Eclipse.:mad: I called TomTom to see when I can get a new map and unable to so at this time. It is unavailable in Canada? Has anyone had any luck with this issue?

Yes, you are right. the CDN store has not been working as long as I have owned my TT Go 920. After some research and calls to TT Support, I found out that the problem is that their European credit card processor cannot differentiate between a US and a CDN price. So the solution is, and I can confirm this works, is set your profile to US, which may require you to actually open a new account under a separate email because the email address that you used on you Cdn profile will be associated to .. get this .. the Netherlands! Once you open a new account using a US profile, you can buy items in TT Store in US dollars which we all know, our credit card companies will convert to Cdn for you.

Yes, you are right. the CDN store has not been working as long as I have owned my TT Go 920. After some research and calls to TT Support, I found out that the problem is that their European credit card processor cannot differentiate between a US and a CDN price. So the solution is, and I can confirm this works, is set your profile to US, which may require you to actually open a new account under a separate email because the email address that you used on you Cdn profile will be associated to .. get this .. the Netherlands! Once you open a new account using a US profile, you can buy items in TT Store in US dollars which we all know, our credit card companies will convert to Cdn for you.

Thank you Waynech, I will give it a go.

CHEERS

That deal on Best buy, isn't for an SD card, in fact, there is no SD card included. There are a lot of people who are nervous about using a credit card online for purchases. Just as Best Buy sells the Fuel Prices service option for TT's, they are selling the Maps as well. It is just a prepaid card that you would input the numbers to your TT Home aplication to download the maps.

Ha, you should have told me that last May when I set up MyTomTom and downloaded HOME.
Any time TomTom makes an offer through the web they price it in EURO's to me.

That deal on Best buy, isn't for an SD card, in fact, there is no SD card included. There are a lot of people who are nervous about using a credit card online for purchases. Just as Best Buy sells the Fuel Prices service option for TT's, they are selling the Maps as well. It is just a prepaid card that you would input the numbers to your TT Home aplication to download the maps.
Now we finally know why on screen one in HOME the "Use my activation or promotion code" showed up after they had dropped codes once maps had to be downloaded through HOME.

Not SD Map "TomTom - U.S./Canada Map Update Card for Select TomTom GPS
" but CARD, means just a Card with a number you enter to buy Map..

Ask a Question