New to GPS Ebay purchase?

I am about to purchase a GPS and was considering the GO 720 since I can get it for$145 plus shipping.
is there any problem with buying these on Ebay? It is supposed to be brand new and sealed in box. I would like to do upgrades to 730 operation and load new map but don't want any problems.
Is the US warranty honoured in Canada. The price is alot lower than th 730 so thought I would go this way.
Thanks for your help

ebay is NOT recognized as a proper reseller of TomTom products. As such, you may have problems getting TomTom to honour the Latest Map guarantee for it (a new 840 map is due within the next week).

Just so you know......

Verifying eligibility

Is there any way to find out in advance if Tom Tom will allow update for free?

Problem with purchasing off Ebay is that the seller can list them as new and they be refurbished. Refurbished devices aren't eligible for the Latest Map Download.

Also if it was purchased from a private seller, the warranty doesn't transfer over to you.

Ask a Question