New START not showing speed cameras?

I was setting off on a 600 mile journey from Scotland to England on Friday when our trusty old ONE packed in, so I had to make an emergency stop at Tesco and ended up coming out with a new tomtom START.

It wasn't showing me any speed cameras along the journey though, even the ones our old one picked up without the latest update. I turned on the 'safety alerts' in the settings, but it made no difference apart from removing a safety camera icon on the map which allowed me to report cameras.

I updated my new tom at the other end before my return journey, and installed the speed cameras update along with the new map, and it's showing in tomtom Home as on my device - but it still won't show me any cameras.

It's not the end of the world, but I would like to know where they are, and can't understand why it's not showing them. Can anybody help please?

Welcome to TTF.

Just to be clear: The symbol should be showing 'Disable Safety Alerts', NOT 'Enable Safety Alerts'.

If it shows the latter, then they currently are disabled.

Hello! Thanks for the welcome :)

I enabled safety alerts after I went past the first speed camera on my journey and realised it hadn't show up. So in my settings it's now shown with a green tick next to it, and gives me the option to disable them. But it's still not showing me any.

This might help? :thumb:

Safety_Cams_Button_Text.jpg

Ask a Question