New record type in OV2 files

TomTom Model(s)
GO920T
I've been working on a POI file for CNG stations as the current ones I've found are not well formated. One thing I notices on my new GO920T is that TT newer POI's seem to have a "Details" button which will show you additional information about the POI entry.

I thought it might have been a type 3 record but so far entries that I've created in that format will not trigger the "Details" button.

Questions:

1) Does anyone know what the additional formating information is that would allow our POI to trigger the "Details" button?

Failing that

2) Has anyone cracked TT's encryption if so could you check an entry in the Baskins Robins POI, the one in Tustin, CA, and see if you can figure out what the new record is or how it's formated.

More information about brand logos

All information is based on Version 7.

The information on Brand Icons may not be new but I did not find any information on the forums about what I found so I though I post what I have found so far.

I think I've figured out how the brand logos are selected for TT POIs. If you look in the "brands" folder you'll find each has a name in the format CCCC_X.bmp where CCCC is the category code, i.e., 9361 is shops, and X is just a sequentially number. If you look at 9361_1.bmp it's the logo for Best Buy. I don't know if Brands that do not have a logo have a brand number attached.

Now the open question is how do they get linked back to the POI entry? Well that is the open question. Is there a new OV2 record format, i.e., type 4, or is this part of the description field? I don't think it's in the description filed but it's either a type 3 record or a new record type.

Ask a Question