New Map will not fit ?

TomTom Model(s)
XL 330 S
Hi newbe here, I was using TomTom home and see there is a new map (815.2035) for my free 30 day. On a XL330 S for US and Canada, but it looks like its 906.7 MB and my stock 725.1914 map is only 867.9 MB. That is about 40 MB more and home tells me i have only 29 MB free. Would TomTom make a new map too big ?, only extra i have installed is 810 POI file.

Thanks for any help.. Bob

In Home, go to the selection of copy items to my computer and see what's listed. You may be able to remove extra voices you don't need, if there is a raster folder (you may need to use Explorer to see if there is one), you may want to remove it and its contents (which are pretty useless, anyway), go into the luicence folder on your unit and delete any file not showing a US in the file name.

Then try again to install.

update: I was able to get the newer map to load by removing the extra poi pack and the other folder of the help icon. I'm a little disapointed in this XL330S because it runs so close to max capacity, i wont be able to add many routes or favorites. I wish i could edit out part of the map that i know i would never use.

thanks for your help dhn I did remove some extra licenses also.

Bobcal
My XL330S has the following space info from the EXPLORE function.
Properties shows USED=886MB FREE=91.6MB. Folder USA_and_Canada shows 856MB 114Files. If yours shows something dramatically different, I suspect that whatever is hogging your space could be found rather easily. Hope that this helps.:)

I'm in the same boat with our 330S...A couple of weeks in.Can't get that first month's free map.I've deleted 4.2MB of voices. My second attempt to update the map said I need to remove 10.2 MB before install...Info tells me I only have 30.2 MB of free space.And I don't want to risk losing the POIs by deleting the "extra" it says belong to a One unit.__Bobcal...Have you noticed any missing POIs?

Also...I live in Florida and don't plan on going to Canada in the foreseeable future(though I'd love to;the northeastern part,Quebec,so on)....Is it possible to remove just the Canada part of the map?

Bobcal
My XL330S has the following space info from the EXPLORE function.
Properties shows USED=886MB FREE=91.6MB. Folder USA_and_Canada shows 856MB 114Files. If yours shows something dramatically different, I suspect that whatever is hogging your space could be found rather easily. Hope that this helps.:)

Hi Z28 thanks for helping I have the latest maps USA and Canada
using explorer it shows 963 used 15.2 MB free
USA and Canada 906 MB = size on disk 952,270,848
111 files. just because the map is said to be 906 MB by time you load those 111 files it takes up about 952 MB. now with all the other files and folders i only have 15 MB of room, and this is with out the extra pack and some of the help files.

Ask a Question