New Map Update

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One New Edition + 2.0 GB SD Card / Tom Tom Go 720 + 4.0 GB SD Card
Hi,

When I was filling out the order for the free update cd it showed something about load in flashdrive then it vanished. Could anyone tell me if I have to wait for the cd or can I download it. I tryed from home but no updates available..Its going to take 4 weeks to arrive. ($6.00 shipping handling)I'm just confused will the new cd mean i have to buy an larger sd card. Sorry for the mess and the garble trying to type while holding my baby.

The best I can tell is that you will have to wait for the DVD. I'm not sure why TomTom isn't letting users get the updated maps through TomTom home. Six dollars isn't going to break my bank, but It would be a lot more cost efficient and it would save a lot of plastic if we could just download the new maps from home. I would pay $10 if I could download it right now. :D
Also, the new maps will be on DVD not CD so there will be a few people out there (without DVD drives) that will be out of luck.
I have the 910 so I'm not familiar with the SD card units. The new map update is supposed to have...

More than 410,000 new road miles

More than six million new household and business addresses

Improved road detail and visual representation of surrounding areas

Updated Points of Interest, including more than half a million new POIs

More one-way indications, restricted turns, signposts, and updated intersections

Updated shopping centers and golf courses

So... depending on how much room you have on your card now you may need a larger card. The good news is SD cards have come way down in price.

Jeff

Sorry to say we all need to wait for the DVD to arrive on our hands. The plus side about this is we have a hard copy of the maps. The bad news is what Adcox mention, not everyone had DVD drives.

Does anyone know how big the new update dvd compared to our current 1 gig sd card is or do I need to transfer the 1 gig info and new update to a larger sd card. Thanks for all the help everyone....

I am totally new to this forum, so I hope this is not a dumb question. I just bought a TT1, and the map version is v660.1215. Is that the latest and greatest, or should I spend the $6, hoping the missing street on my way home will appear?

I am totally new to this forum, so I hope this is not a dumb question. I just bought a TT1, and the map version is v660.1215. Is that the latest and greatest, or should I spend the $6, hoping the missing street on my way home will appear?
I have 660.1215 and I paid the $6 for the update. It's supposedly newer than 660.1215...

Me, too. I have 660.1215 and was told by support I needed the upgrade. They said it was newer than anything else out right now.

Problems purchasing the new maps

Well, I just attempted to purchase the new, upgraded maps and got a very complicated java error.:( .

I submitted a screen shot of the error to customer support, and am hoping they can get back soon... Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a better way (I tried calling too, but I got a high call volume message, so I can't get through that way either).

I would try again, and if you get the same results, can you try a different web browser? I think something is going on with their servers today, because when I installed my new maps I got a "network error" when trying to login using my PLUS account.

I would just keep trying. Also, I had to call support a couple of weeks ago (right before Christmas) and the hold time was about 15-20 minutes. Not horrible for that time of year.

Good luck to you!

It worked with a different browser - thanks!

I tried again, from a different browser, and this time it worked great. Now, all I have to do is be patient until the new maps get here. It is a little frustrating to have to travel off the known roads, on a road that has been in existance for over a year. Since I downloaded the Yoda voice though, it is sort of satisfying knowing I know the way better than Yoda... I guess I am easily amused. ;)

Ask a Question