New Map Update Service

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
On my HOME 2.5.2.60 I'm now getting a notice that:

Newer versions of your map are available
Get them for as little as US$ 11.95 per quarter with our
new Map Update Service(tm)

When I click on the button it offers me a North America map update subscription for $47.80.

The odd thing about this is I've already got the 8.25 map. I bought my TomTom one year ago today and it came with one year of map updates so I upgraded when 8.25 was released last week. This new service would be a map subscription, much like we've been talking about here for some time but hadn't seen implemented.

I do have an old Western Region map on my account too so maybe that's why it thinks I have an old map. Then, maybe it's trying to offer me an upgrade to full north america maps? (scratches head)

In case you're wondering, I'd bought the western region maps after reading a description that it was "detailed maps" and thinking I would get the building outlines and other details usually found in city centers but for the rest of the map. Then I found out that western region maps are no more detailed than the North America maps I already had.

Thanks for that information........

They have been promising a subscription service for NA for months now and it's been delayed......till now, it seems.

Ask a Question