MAP UPDATE SERVICE

Discussion in 'TomTom Services' started by ERIC THRONTEN, Jun 27, 2016.

1. ERIC THRONTEN

ERIC THRONTEN

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 5100
    Received an email two days ago supposedly from TomTom. Senders address given as “[email protected].
    The e-mail advised me I have a map update and includes a download button for the update.

The e-mail states that the “notification relates to the Map Update Service Subscription on your device”

Today rather than download from the e-mail I connected my GO 5100 and logged onto MyDriveConnect expecting a big map update for my Europe, UK & Ireland Map. In the event I only had one update of a few hundred bytes for a community map update!

This is my first portable sat nav and since buying it a month or so ago I have done several community updates and I believe a significant TomTom software update. None of these were prompted by any e-mail service from TomTom.

I expected that if there were map updates, community or TomTom “biggies”, then I would see them when logged onto MyDriveConnect, so I suspect that the e-mail may be a scam and have not clicked the e-mail download button.

Am I right to expect ALL updates, maps and software etc, to be available through MyDriveConnect and to regard this e-mail as a scam and avoid it?

ERIC THRONTEN, Jun 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. ERIC THRONTEN

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Likely NOT a scam at all. Marketing at TomTom tends to send out a mass mailer a few weeks after the latest map release (which is 970 for your device). Just as a reminder...

If you have 970, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

dhn, Jun 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. ERIC THRONTEN

ERIC THRONTEN

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 5100
    Will connect up my TomTom and login to MyDriveConnect to check. Stupid question maybe (Im a rookie) but how do I go about checking whether it is 970 or not?

4. ERIC THRONTEN

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    Cannot answer your question with certainty.

Suggest you open MyDrive again and click n My Content.
    The current map is the 970 version and I think we are still one month away from the 975.

Arno, Jun 27, 2016
  5. ERIC THRONTEN

ERIC THRONTEN

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 5100
    Got it Version V9.70

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question