New Home version 2.7.1.1812 released

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
The new version was released today. If you aren't offered it automatically, you can get it through Home's Help-->Check for Updates menu option.

Early reports indicate it is faster than the sluggish previous version.

The new version was released today. If you aren't offered it automatically, you can get it through Home's Help-->Check for Updates menu option.

Early reports indicate it is faster than the sluggish previous version.

do you know any other changes besides speed. Does the emulator work with the 740?

Anyone want to test if a map install still retains the mapsettings.cfg file? I wouldn't be surprised if Tomtom removed it to prevent all the device lockups.

Does Operate my GO on the x40 / app 8.370 now work?

I did not have the high CPU usage problem last week when I installed the 835 map, but TT Home has been taking a LONG time to start up. I updated to the newer TT Home yesterday...and now it seems to start right up. No problems noted after one round of mapshare updates.

New Home version 2.7.1.581 is quicker

The new Home update is much quicker on my Mac.

I can now send Goggle map coordinates to my Tom Tom GO 740 Live via Home from my Mac. Password protect is also available. On the previous version of Home, these options were not accessible for the Mac OS.

Foto2Go

Anyone want to test if a map install still retains the mapsettings.cfg file? I wouldn't be surprised if Tomtom removed it to prevent all the device lockups.

Does Operate my GO on the x40 / app 8.370 now work?

My next quarterly map came up, so I backed up my unit and installed the map. To my surprise and delight, my favorites were preserved! Hooray!

(I see other problems being mentioned in other threads, though, so I'll just celebrate quietly to myself.)

Anyone want to test if a map install still retains the mapsettings.cfg file?

After much tribulation just getting the new Home version - had to go to a link on their site that was provided by an error message to get the update - when I finally got the map installed after several other error messages I found that all my favorites, recents, etc. were preserved. At first this made me think that the map had not actually installed. Still getting a lot of error messages from Home but everything seems ok otherwise.

Can't Operate TomTom 740 from HOME 2.7.1.1812

I bought my first TomTom (740 LIVE) last Tuesday while on the road, arrived home yesterday, and began updating. I've HOME 2.7.1.1812 and am getting a message when I try a number of different functions (e.g., Operate TomTom) from HOME stating that my current software, OS, or version of the app do not support the functionality. I see elsewhere on the web that others are having a similar problem. with 2.7.1.1812.

Is it safe to replace HOME 2.7.1.1812 with HOME 2.6.4.1641 which apparently doesn't have this problem, or should I wait for a fix?

- Tom

Is it safe to replace HOME 2.7.1.1812 with HOME 2.6.4.1641 which apparently doesn't have this problem, or should I wait for a fix?

- Tom

From what I've read, HOME 2.6 won't help your issue. You need to downgrade to app 8.312 to workaround issue. Hopefully you made a backup, as I haven't seen the application 8.312 link posted anywhere yet.

Ask a Question