New firmware update 7.481

My voice recognition works with the new update but I have another problem.

My remote stop working for some reason. Anyone else have this same problem? And when I try to operate my TT 920 using tomtom home it shows as Go 720. Any suggestion on what is going on here? :confused:

My voice recognition works with the new update but I have another problem.

My remote stop working for some reason. Anyone else have this same problem? And when I try to operate my TT 920 using tomtom home it shows as Go 720. Any suggestion on what is going on here? :confused:
When I was able to Operate My Go my 920 it showed as a 520. I think that's just a glitch with the software. Of course now with the new updates that function no longer works on a mac so I don't have that problem!!
John

Darn!!! Sorry to hear you are having problem with your TomTom home on Mac.

For some odd reason now my remote works. On my last trip could not get it to work no matter what and now it is working. As you said papasbike...."software glitch". :(

TomTom really need to test out their updates before releasing them!

TomTom really need to test out their updates before releasing them!

Thorough testing or quick bug fixes? I know everyone wants both, but if we keep pressuring TomTom to hurry up and release, we're going to have more bugs. This release fixed a major selling point of the unit so I supported an early release. The other problems people are reporting now are important, but not as time-critical. If we leave them alone and allow the QA cycle to complete, maybe they'll release better code (assuming they are releasing early in response to what they see here).

...or maybe they're lacking QA resources and we should start sending resumes (hint hint).

Thorough testing or quick bug fixes? I know everyone wants both, but if we keep pressuring TomTom to hurry up and release, we're going to have more bugs. This release fixed a major selling point of the unit so I supported an early release. The other problems people are reporting now are important, but not as time-critical. If we leave them alone and allow the QA cycle to complete, maybe they'll release better code (assuming they are releasing early in response to what they see here).

...or maybe they're lacking QA resources and we should start sending resumes (hint hint).

QA testing is what I do for a living :p

Anyway, the .480 firmware release was supposed to do NO functional changes to NA 920 units, only cosmetic (vertical satellite bars). The only functional changes were meant for European x20 models in that 'hooks' were to be applied so that Navcore 7 firmware could handle the HD mapping introduced in the x30 models.

However, TT broke VR for the 920 NA units with the release. They also broke other stuff in European units (Itinerary Planning disappeared, etc.). So they HAD to get a fix out to remedy those issues.

Notice there is no reference to NA 720's? A non-issue as far as TT is concerned; the NA 720 units were never meant to have VR (unlike the European 720s where it is built in as it is for NA 920s).

So.....it was shoddy programming by TT for the 480 release. You seem to know software lingo so I guess you know what 'smoke tests' means. Too bad TT doesn't or does but doesn't use them, it seems.:(

Since these 7.48 updates I have not gotten any Mapshare updates for my 920. I was getting the gpsquickfix updates until today. While TT Home shows the available update when I click to download and install it I get an error message "map.mapsharelocalcache is null". I've repeated this several times with the same result. It seems there are still several significant bugs in this software.
John

7.481 finally working

I have had an open issue with TomTom regarding the playing of Audio Books. Since the 7.480/1 update, I couldn't listen to audio books, as well as a few other things - no locations from Google Maps could be received, couldn't set password, couldn't "Operate my GO" from TomTom Home.

Yesterday afternoon, about 1:15 PDT, I tried "Operate my GO" once again, partially out of stubbornness, partially out of hope.

This time, instead of receiving an error message, I got a request for patience as a file was being downloaded to my 920T. After the file downloaded, I was able to operate my GO, download locations from Google Maps, set a system password, and, Wonder of Wonders, listen to my Audio Books once again.

I don't know if this event was public or for me alone, but those of you having problems with the 7.481 update might consider connecting to TomTom Home and trying "Operate my Go" once again.

Kind regards,

Steph

PS: Later in the day I tried to Operate my GO on my system at home, a Mac running Leopard 10.5. Sad to report, that it did not work. It just automatically canceled.

Last edited:

Ask a Question