New "critical" Home version 2.6 released

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 930
Version 2.6.1.1649 is now available, with the mention that it's a "critical update". Not sure what that means, but it's reported as being basicly the 2.6 "beta version", now complete, tested and available to all users.

EDIT: And with a short travel thru the forums I see this news was posted in an ongoing thread, so feel free to ignore me (again) LOL

I would like to know why the update is deemed "critical".

Last edited:
I just connected, and got the message:
A new version of TomTom HOME is available: 2.6.1.238
You are currently using this version: 2.5.2.58
Do you want to install the new version now?

Last edited:
It seemed like a small install, and has new icons for the buttons. The menus are very slightly different. Other than that, I don't see any difference, except that the version in "Operate My Go" shows that my GO has software version 8.301, but it's actually 8.302.

Anyone know what's changed?

Grrr. I was hoping it would register that I've signed up for the map Updater Service, but NO SUCH LUCK. :(

That would be what "I" consider critical. Or maybe fixing the MapShare Preferences to actually *use* the level of trust I've selected (so that I don't have to "re-remind" it, each time I get 'Shares).

I got that last nite when I plugged in, so I did the update what ever was needed, I did notice different screens for home, then tonite I was putting in an address for tomorrow's work and sitting at my desk which most of the time it's always trying to find satelittes (which it doesn't) well lo and behold bam it hooked right up to the satellites and was ready to go............Impressed the hell out of me.............:cool:

This version seems to "flicker" every few seconds, meaning that you have to time any menu navigation just right or the screen refresh will kill your pulldown menu. Anyone else notice that?

I haven't noticed anything like that, no.

--------------------------------------------

However, here is a post in the Brit forum referring to problems with a screen flicker:

I have just connected to TT and been offered the v2.6 which I then downloaded.

My initial observations are that it performed 'Update My Device' without problem, but when I came to 'Operate My Device' and loaded one of my Itineraries and started to review the route, zooming in on the detail caused it to freeze at about 50% of the zoom and I could see the display within the frame of the HOME surround vaguely flickering.
I decided to uninstall 2.6 and revert to 2.5 and as has been previously stated, the TT site for download still refers to 2.5 but it downloads 2.6 irrespective. A reinstall has failed to overcome the problem and it still freezes in 'Operate My Go'

Is that what you meant?

Last edited:
Home 2.6 improvement

One nice improvement is the action when I disconnect my device in HOME. Previously, with Vista 64, a popup box said to unplug the TT, but it never seemed to really fully disconnect, and the TT display did not change. Now, it does fully disconnect and the TT display recycles back to the unconnected state.

Ask a Question