New App Update this morning and info on Map downloads

TomTom Model(s)
Hi All....

After getting the TT910 up and running (thanks pedro) I updated this AM. New patch for the app was out and it is 6.525!

Unfortunately my TT910 reverted BACK to a very early update...Tech support was great and they walked me through everything.

Additionally the Downloadable maps are avail thru 15 Jun 07. They will probably continue to support the downloadable maps as there have been complaints that not all users have DVD readers for their computers.

I donwloaded the maps today!

Gotta love this site!!!!

Take Care!:)

UPDATE: The HOME software has NOT caught up with the App update 6.525 yet...Tech Support says soon.

Last edited:
After getting the TT910 up and running (thanks pedro) I updated this AM. New patch for the app was out and it is 6.525!
Your welcome!

Unfortunately my TT910 reverted BACK to a very early update...Tech support was great and they walked me through everything.

oh no, How did that happen?
Well Im glad Support was helpful.

Pedro,

They are not sure....but they did get me back up and running! They also stated that the ONLY way to get traffic updates is to use the phone only.....will have to touch base with you on that one again!

Regards!

this is true. you have to activate traffic through the phone. It should working using virtual tt after that.
Let me try it out first

Careful with updates !

I got upate 6.24 this AM. Backed up before installing, then made the mistake (apparently) of installing in on my 910. It works OK, but will no longer connect to any computer. Get error message saying "device not recognized". Some times it says "new device installed, ready to use" - but it is still not visible anywhere as a device, and of couse there is no way to restore backup since I cannot connect to the device.

TT Support wants me to try new dock they are sending, but I already have two (they had sent me one when working on another problem) - so i don't think that will make any difference.

They said next step is RMA, but that can take months I hear.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to get re-connected ?

I got upate 6.24 this AM. Backed up before installing, then made the mistake (apparently) of installing in on my 910. It works OK, but will no longer connect to any computer. Get error message saying "device not recognized". Some times it says "new device installed, ready to use" - but it is still not visible anywhere as a device, and of couse there is no way to restore backup since I cannot connect to the device.

TT Support wants me to try new dock they are sending, but I already have two (they had sent me one when working on another problem) - so i don't think that will make any difference.

They said next step is RMA, but that can take months I hear.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to get re-connected ?
Oh no thats terrible.

The error message "device not recognized" or "new device installed, ready to use", does that come up as soon as you connect the device to your computer? can you try different USB ports when you connect to the comp?

It is when it is first pluggeed in, turned one, etc. Alos, that is with 3 different computers.

Thanks for your response,

It may turn out to be a hardware issue - I have been having problems with computer crashes for several months what connecting the TT to the computer. If that is the case, then it may not be the upgrade - although it was during the installation process that the problems with the device not recognized start.

Has anyone else had a problem with the upgrade?

PS - the device has Tripmaster on it (which still works ok), so TT might want to blame it on that. However, given the USB connection issues that have been ongoing for months, I do not believe that has anything to do with "device not recognized".

Another question for anyone - how long has it taken to return for service with an RMA and get it sent back ?

Anyone know what changes are in this update (6.525)?

Actually TomTom's website hasn't updated with the info on 6.525

the lastest info is on 6.254 which was when the FM transmitter mount came out.

GAW, that horrible news. Something went wrong here!
Im not to familar how long it will take to get your unit back if you send it in.
Keep us updated.

There isn't but there are other users reporting that its suppose to help with manually tuning to a TMC channel (not important for North America users).

Another user reported that the enbable_handfree through car's speakers doesn't work anymore.

No I don't. :eek:
This is my best feature, be able to hear my text messages and phone conversations through my car's speakers.

Did anyone ever figure out what this new update was all about for USA users?

Looks like a few people had problems with it. Have most of you performed this update sucessfully? I have not updated yet.

Randy

Ask a Question