Need some help, Please..

TomTom Model(s)
XL 330S
Wife has a XL 330S..Went and tried to update it with TT Home, And now this is all it shows,
IMG_0428.jpg

No, She did not make a backup at any point..

Thanks for any help..

Looks like the application may be messed up.

First, try a pin reset of the unit (it is on the bottom - clearly marked) with the unit disconnect from the computer. If that does not get it going, connect it back to the computer and see if it connects to Home OK.

In home, go to Remove Items Icon. It should show the application. If so, remove it. When it warns you and asks to save it - don't , as it is probably messed up.

The go back to Update My Device. It should offer an application download - do it. It will tell you to disconnect your device to complete the installation. Do so carefully (if you did it prematurely before - that would corrupt it).

To be safe, before you manually disconnect it from the USB cable, open "Device" in the menu options in the upper left corner of Home and disconnect the device - then remove it.

It should boot up OK, but if not - do the reset again and turn it back on. Hopefully your maps and everything else if still there.

if it is OK - DO A BACKUP RIGHT AWAY! Use windows explorer with file settings set to show hidden files and folders.

Thanks for the reply!

I dont see a pin reset on the bottom,
IMG_0428-1.jpg

Or anywhere else..

Home dose connect to Home, So I'll try that now and see if that works..

Got it going, Thanks GAW!

I tried to update it after I got it going and it want back to doing the same thing..Deleted the applications again and it's working fine..

Any clue way I'm running into a problem when I do a upgrade??

If you remove the unit prematurely - it can mess up the upgrade. However, i have had this happen a few times and the pin rest alone cleared it up.

Note - there should be a small pin sized hole under there - did you find it and use it? I am used to the 7xx- 9xx series, and the newer ones are clearly laid out. Your user manual should mention it (if that is what i am seeing in the picture).

PS - did you do the backup?

No pin hole, Guess you have to push and hold the power button for 15 sec..Which didn't help me at all..

No matter what I do I can't get the update to work..So, Guess I get no updates..:(

I'll make a back up now..

Thanks again GAW!

i have the same problem accept when i try to reload the updates i get errors. i lost my maps and everything else. any help?

It says hold down for 15 seconds or until the unit restarts.

Anyway, glad GAW got you up and running again.

IMG_0448.jpg

Isn't that the reset hole just to the right of the USB port in your photo? It's kind of oval shaped.

Tried it before I even made this thread, It's a light...I still tried the stick a toothpick in there, It's just a light..

No pin hole, Guess you have to push and hold the power button for 15 sec..Which didn't help me at all..

No matter what I do I can't get the update to work..So, Guess I get no updates..:(

I'll make a back up now..

Thanks again GAW!

What application version # do you have on the unit that is working ?

Now, unless you want to try to install new maps right now, I would leave it alone if it is working OK.

The newer application (7.9xxxx) is to allow you to use 815 (or latter) maps. This application has been causing problems, so I would hold off updating unitl a better version comes out.

How will you know? Keep tuned to the forum. When a new app comes out, don't be an early adopter - wait to see what the threads say about it first.

I am a new XL user and after problems with my computers I did a backup and a backup using Windows explorer in a different location. I have had things go pear shaped before. My issue is losing the computer voice when I connect to home. My request for assistance came up with remove all voices except the computer one. No cure but the Post/Code function does not work in Australia.
Luckily I found some POI's

It is not all bad as I love it. Had it as a Christmas present and it got me to a complicated address in the Sydney suburbs outside Cambeltown where the streets are like a rabbit warren. First time no errors.

I must admit it is strange trusting a foreign sounding voice (US) to get me there. The pronunciation of Aboriginal names is a real hoot.

I am a bit dissapointed that a home charger was not packaged with it, just means pluging into a usb port or the lghter socket in the car.

They want $50aud for one :(

Earlier versions of Home did cause the computer voice to be deslected when you disconnected your unit from Home, especially if you'd been running the emulator (Operate My Go) through the computer. You can quickly reselect the computer voice using Home's Add Maps-->Voices.

My issue is losing the computer voice when I connect to home.
Computer voices, like Blutooth phone, do not work when connected through HOME.
the Post/Code function does not work in Australia.
I don's have an Ozzie map so I cannot try it but following the FAQs it works in Europe.
Try entering 2790, au (for Lithgow, NSW). It works in Google Maps so it should work on your machine.
Except for the UK, where it almost gets you to a house, it just puts you in the centre of the Post/Code area.
I must admit it is strange trusting a foreign sounding voice (US) to get me there. The pronunciation of Aboriginal names is a real hoot.
They all are weird and swallow the last syllable of a street name but, try Kate, reasonably concise.
I am a bit disapointed that a home charger was not packaged with it, just means pluging into a usb port or the lghter socket in the car.
They want $50aud for one
Why would you need more than the USB cradle in your home?
Using a 930 'til end of May I couldn't be bothered to with an additional charger.
Just stick it into the USB cradle of the computer when you get home. Let it be charged while switched off.

Ask a Question