Need Help ( Software Upgrade )

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One New Edition + 2.0 GB SD Card / Tom Tom Go 720 + 4.0 GB SD Card
Need Help,

I just got my One upgrade cd and i'm having some concerns. Do I delete my old us & canada maps an install the new one and If so i still have a lot of uninstalled states on the new cd but I only have the original 1 gig sd card, due I need to purchase a new sd card to install all maps or is the us & cananda maps good enough.

Thanks

Last edited:
People have done it both ways. Install on top and it removes the old automatically. Make a backup first. But if you install the update it will ask you to backup first anyway.

The North America map won't fit on a 1GB card but the updates USA_Canada map will. You don't need to install say Florida AND the USA_Canada map to be able to see Florida. The USA_Canada Map covers just that. I think the individualized maps are to save space in you don't need to use the bigger one.

But if you have only some states installed now, just update those.

Hope that helps.

BACKUP FIRST

so just update us & canada? All the other maps are included in that one update. I also checked the upgrade code online line just to see what it said advised me that the new dvd is not most current maps. old maps v650.1109 which shows on the tom tom one itself and the new maps are v6.65 . I also noticed one of the satelite updates are bigger in the new dvd then the old one.

screen print:
map-v655-1294.jpg

Last edited:
I see, you are using the regional maps then instead of the USA/Canada map. Interesting, though that the version numbers are different.

I noticed that too... reinstalling us_canada to see if the ver is different. Screen shot to follow!!

Thanks for clearing that up. I can already hear the debates... "do I have the newest? No, I do b/c I have 665.1294 and you only have 665.1293...."

LOL

Ask a Question