Need Help Please.

Hello,

i got a 2 questions please.

1- what is the latest Device of TT? Go 1000? or Go 740TM live? i want latest and if its include Life time map and traffic?

2- now by using TT service like, weather, google search, Fuel prices, do i have to connect my device thru my Cell phone ? which i did but when start loading when gets %65 is says Unable to find data? what does this mean?

now by using the last TT device, do i have to buy something with it ?? to connect to Traffic or something like that??

Oh let me add something too, what does this mean
RDS-TMC ?? is this cable to send a data to my GPS when its traffic? If yes then why should to buy Traffic service to my TT 720? or am wrong ? lol

sorry new to this things lol

Last edited:
The latest device in the USA is the 740 LIVE. The T1000 was just released in Europe. It will be months before it's released in the States, if then. And there are many that say not to get that model as it's currently configured. Too many functions missing.

You receive LIVE information via a built in sim card in the 740. No need for a cell phone.

RDS-TMC refers to an antenna by which traffic info gets received by fm signal from your radio and interpreted by the gps unit to which the rds-tmc antenna is attached. While better than nothing, rds-tmc traffic tends not to be as current as LIVE traffic, nor as current.

The 740 TM has rds-tmc traffic. Not as current or accurate as the traffic info in the 740 LIVE model but you have to pay a subscription for the LIVE functionality. No right answer, I'm afraid.

Hi, what do u mean by i have to pay for subscription for the LIVE functionality? Do u mean Go 740TM??, like Fuel prices, Weather, ?? is this what u meant? or to run traffic service do i have to pay yearly or lifetime map?

Hi, what do u mean by i have to pay for subscription for the LIVE functionality? Do u mean Go 740TM??, like Fuel prices, Weather, ?? is this what u meant? or to run traffic service do i have to pay yearly or lifetime map?
The 740TM comes with an RDS-TMS traffic receiver that gathers traffic info over unused spectrum within FM broadcast radio stations (ClearChannel stations, to be specific). You never have to pay a subscription to use this feature.

The 740TM Live also includes the RDS-TMC in the event that you don't chose to subscribe to the Live option at the end of the 90 day trial. The Live version of traffic uses what is essentially a cell phone in data mode internal to the 740 to get the traffic data.

The Live traffic covers more road surface and is usually a bit more up to date than the RDS-TMC version.

Now i am a little bit confused. so let me see if i understood correctly, Now, please give me the rest. which Model are better the 740TM or 740 ?

now what do u mean by <The 740TM Live also includes the RDS-TMC in the event that you don't chose to subscribe to the Live option at the end of the 90 day trial.> what do u mean by 90 days trial? i thought Traffic and map are going to be free for life? is that correct? all what i am looking for is Free Traffic service and Lifetime Map. so which one to buy ?

Now i am a little bit confused. so let me see if i understood correctly, Now, please give me the rest. which Model are better the 740TM or 740 ?
In the U.S. market, there is no higher end TomTom model.

740 = the hardware, which will come bundled in one of the following ways:

740 Live = with added cell modem type device for "live" data
740TM Live = The two above, combined.

now what do u mean by <The 740TM Live also includes the RDS-TMC in the event that you don't chose to subscribe to the Live option at the end of the 90 day trial.> what do u mean by 90 days trial? i thought Traffic and map are going to be free for life? is that correct?
The "Live" services (a whole lot more than traffic, including the ability to use Google live to search for business, etc. and navigate to them) is a 90 day trial. One version of the traffic system comes over that "Live" connection. The unit comes with a 90 day free trial of those services. While the "Live" gets you the improved traffic, it doesn't add the lifetime map updates.

The TM Live units also come with another version of traffic called RDS-TMC. Rather than get it over a "live" data connection, it gets the traffic info off unused FM audio bandwidth (subcarrier) of one or another local FM station. THAT one is free for "life", just like the map updates. The difference is that the RDS-TMC version doesn't cover as many roads. It covers the biggies, but the "Live" version carries more secondary road info.

So you can use the "Live" stuff for 90 days, and see if you think the extra stuff is worth it to you. If you want the "Live" stuff past 90 days, you'll need to subscribe to it.

Last edited:
2- now by using TT service like, weather, google search, Fuel prices, do i have to connect my device thru my Cell phone ? which i did but when start loading when gets %65 is says Unable to find data? what does this mean?

The GO 720 uses a different data system than the 740. The 720 requires a cellphone for data. The 740 has a built-in cellular modem so you don't need your own phone.

The traffic via the lifetime antenna on the 740TM is about the same as the traffic you'll get for $60/year on a 720. The LIVE traffic on a 740 (or 740TM) is much better.

If you still want to get data working on the 720, post your phone cell company and phone model and we can try to help.

Ask a Question