Navigator 7 & European maps v.7.15

I heard that Tele Atlas/TT already have released version 7.15 for European maps (West, East or whole). The UK TT site already offers this new version but only for specific TT units and NOT for Navigator 6.

Does anybody know if this 7.15 version will be available for rx5910/5915 PDAs ??

From some source also I heard that the rx5910/5915 must run Navigator 7 to be compatible with this new v.7.15 of European maps.

Any comments here ??

From some source also I heard that the rx5910/5915 must run Navigator 7 to be compatible with this new v.7.15 of European maps.

Any comments here ??

That's my understanding, too. Nav 6x gets 6x maps, Nav7x to receive 7x maps.

Tech Support Response to Navigator 6 updates

I have an HP rx5915 with Navigator 6 on it. I had the same questions. Here were my questions to support:

When will new US maps be available for Navigator 6?

When will TomTom Home ver 1.5 be compliant with importing buisnesses from Google maps?

Here is TomTom's response. Not too comforting. There appears to be no sure upgrade path:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. My name is Meredith and my goal today is to provide you with an exceptional customer experience.

We understand from your email you would like to know when the latest map will be available for Navigator and when will Google maps be compatible with Home 1.5. We know this can be frustrating and are more than happy to assist

In regard to your inquiry we are not making any new development in Navigator 6. The latest map will be available for Navigator 7 when and if it is released.

In regard to your inquiry about TomTom Home 1.5 we are also not making any new development with this software. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Ask a Question