XL350 TM vs. VZ Navigator

Hi,
I was looking for opinions from people who may have been a VZ Navigator user prior to buying a TomTom.

I have been using Navigator for many years...and for the most part like it, with the exception of the screen size, subscription model...and the fact that it ties up your cell phone.

I particularly like it's search feature and the ability to plot exactly where you are ...so that you can find that location in the future.

Just bought the XL350TM, but have not opened the box yet.

Would like to hear some pros and cons from the folks on the list.

Thanks in advance for any help

I particularly like it's search feature and the ability to plot exactly where you are ...so that you can find that location in the future.
As to the latter point first, you can always set a waypoint (POI or favorite) for any position you're in for future reference.

As for searching -- understand that you have grown accustomed to a 'connected' device. The only purpose built GPS devices that will offer the total flexibility of the infinite POI search that an online search provides will be one of the TomTom "Live" models. While the POI lists in the other units are good, there's no replacing a server somewhere loaded with every business known to man, and a cellular connection to access it. If you've grown to depend upon that, the TomTom "Live" models are the only units that will replicate that. If you can turn up a 740TM Live somewhere, it would do that job and provide even more other functions than the 350.

You may also want to consider some menu tweaks that are described in threads elsewhere here for the 350 to add some additional functionality to that unit.

Last edited:

Ask a Question