Navigator 6 in Canada

I called TOMTOM 3 weeks ago to check if they have the traffic information covered for Toronto area, and the answer was YES, I asked them also if I use my Nokia N95 with external bluetooth GPS receiver with TT Navigator 6 , will this let me get the traffic info, the answer was yes again as far as I have a GPRS connection which I already have from my service provider (Rogers). After I order it and try it , it works fine as navigator, but no traffic information at all, I can see the traffic on the border cities in the states , but nothing for Toronto area, I called them again to check, now they come up with something new, they asked me to check with Rogers if the have a GPRS packets running in clear channels !!!! , anyone was able to run it in Canada on a smartphone and could get any traffic information

PLEASE HELP !:eek:

There is no traffic updates working through this connection.... you need to get the RDS antenna.

That is what I did and it is working pretty well. It shows all the traffic incidents but it isn't properly reporting the delay times.

I think it is the firmware in the GPS at this point. I am running the version that they released and then pulled back.

D.

There is no traffic updates working through this connection.... you need to get the RDS antenna.

That is what I did and it is working pretty well. It shows all the traffic incidents but it isn't properly reporting the delay times.

I think it is the firmware in the GPS at this point. I am running the version that they released and then pulled back.

D.

is there RDS antenna that works with smartphones :confused: , remind you mine is Nokia N95, if you know which RDS antenna it is please post any link to where I can get it from.

Thanks for the help though

there are 2 bluetooth GPS that has a TMC receiver built-in , Realtek and GNS I beleive. But i beleive navigator 6 does not support TMC although there is a free app on the internet that will show the TMC info if there is free services in your area. not the case for canada where you have to pay 60 usd per year. I beleive that app only works in Europe. check the pocketgpsworld.co for more info. the app will NOT re-route around traffic though , it will only show the traffic events. maybe there is a smartphone that also comes with the TMC receiver built-in but i am not aware of it.

Ask a Question