my tomtom problem

Hey, mentioned in other sites, troubles downloading map share update with my tomtom for 2050/1005. When you get to the download button, it says you need to download my tomtom, even though you are using it to get to this stage. Tried all usual fixes, caches, isolate firewalls etc. tomtom australia had no suggestions and referred it to Holland.

Any other similar problems lately??

Jeff

When you are first on the website for MyTT are you properly logged in with your email address/password?

Using a port on the back of the computer? The proper cable that came with the device?

When you are first on the website for MyTT are you properly logged in with your email address/password?

Using a port on the back of the computer? The proper cable that came with the device?

Yes, yes ,yes. Nothing has changed since this problem popped up, everything working 2 to 3 days ago and before. The only change was the offering of the map share community upgrade and then this problem.
Jeff

Any chance the system is attempting to advise that the user needs a 'fresher' copy of MyTomTom? Older versions of MyTomTom from not that long back didn't know from MapShare items. My version is a little odd, so I don't know if the regular version has the usual "automatic update" stuff in it or not. In any case, the OP could tell us the version number of what he has (Settings / About). The newest version 3.2.0.700 is available here:
https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/

We have had a winner. A suggestion from another site. Removing cookies, internet history etc. I had forgotten to do this as well. Once cleaned, connected unit, connected to net using port 4000, Logged in to tomtom server, map share update still there waiting AND downloaded and installed this time without any asking to install My Tomtom!

Not sure what caused the original problem but deleting cookes etc, fixed the problem.

Just goes to show the exteme value these forums give to users when problems arise. :)

Jeff

Ask a Question