My Tomtom One does not recognize a SD card

Hello friends

I'm a new owner of a Tomtom One New Edition (v3).

I'm new here so I don't know what am I doing wrong. My Tomtom doesn't recognize my SD card. As soon as I put it into my TT it shuts off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your attention and greetings from Portugal.

rafapaz

If the map on the unit is not legitimate, TomTom will not recognize it. Where did you get your TomTom from?

Also, is the sd card formatted as fat32?

Dear dhn

Don't worry, everything is legit.

But my internal memory is full and I wanted to save some POI, voices, etc in my SD card. My map is legal and it's not in the card.

Thanks

rafapaz

For your model, EVERYTHING has to be on a card or internal, I think..........so make sure the card is formatted as fat32 and is a sd card, not sdhc.

Also, don't think it can be over 2 gigs in size.

About being everything in the card or internal, what's the purpose of having an SD slot?

I've tried two different SDs of 2 gb each, formated Fat32 and the result is the same; it doesn't recognize the card.

About being everything in the card or internal, what's the purpose of having an SD slot?

The SD slot can read up to 2GB which is more than the 512k or 1gb installed internally. But as dhn said, the hardware on the ONE/XL models cannot read internal memory when an SD card is used.

So connect the Tomtom to your computer, copy everything from the internal to somewhere on your c drive. Then insert the SD into the Tomtom, plug it into the computer, format the drive as fat32, and copy the files back from C drive to the SD.

Ask a Question