My Tom Tom keeps turning itself "ON"

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
Since I've been on the forums tonight, I've had to turn my Tom Tom off 3 times. oops make that 4 now ... it keeps turning itself ON ... anyone else with that problem ??

There was an epidemic of units turning on by themselves a couple of months ago and nobody has pinned down precisely the cause or cure.

A few say it happens when the unit is docked; others say it's happening if the unit is undocked and turned off.

Some suggestions include making sure the 'clear route' is done prior to shutting down the unit. See whether that applies in your case.

It was undocked, and 'no route planned' ... It behaved itself after the 5th time I turned it off ... but I have the unit doing this occasionally and it's quite random in nature.

A few say they copied EVERYTHING from the unit to the hard drive, reformatted the unit and restored everything and that stopped it for them.

Dunno if you want to try that. I have no definitive answers to this one. Sorry.

You might try the "clear_flash" tool.

I also had some minor issues with my 920 including that, and after the above and completely clearing out the application form the 920 (including the previously downloaded applications in Home download files) and letting Home re-download and install the application seems to have cleared it up.

The clear flash tool worked temporarily for me but had to repeat it at least once a week. The 8.3 software update has ( fingers crossed ) completely fixed this on both my 920 and 930 devices. I'm quite happy about this, although I've read that some others have had problems with the update I've not had any.
John

The clear flash tool worked temporarily for me but had to repeat it at least once a week. The 8.3 software update has ( fingers crossed ) completely fixed this on both my 920 and 930 devices. I'm quite happy about this, although I've read that some others have had problems with the update I've not had any.
John

I had that exact problem, and like dhn said, I backed everything up just incase, I did a FULL format (not quick format) on both my SD card and internal memory. I then let home install EVERYTHING from scratch. I did NOT copy anything back from my backup back onto the device. The backup was just incase I screwed anything up. I haven't had a problem since.

Ask a Question