Moving non-TomTom POI's

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I just downloaded the POI's for Tim Hortons onto my Rider2. I noticed right away how many local ones are actually in the wrong location. The POI catagory comes right off the Tims own web site, so you would think they would be correct!

Is there a way to move the locations?....when attempting to do so the normal way, I get a msg saying that you can not move them because they are not TT supplied (or something to that effect).

Cheers,

I just downloaded the POI's for Tim Hortons onto my Rider2. I noticed right away how many local ones are actually in the wrong location. The POI catagory comes right off the Tims own web site, so you would think they would be correct!

Is there a way to move the locations?....when attempting to do so the normal way, I get a msg saying that you can not move them because they are not TT supplied (or something to that effect).

Cheers,
You can open and edit a 3rd party *.ov2 file with either Tyre (Tyre) or POIEdit (PoiEdit - Main). You can look on the satellite page of your TomTom while you're visiting and pick up the corrected coordinates.

The POI catagory comes right off the Tims own web site, so you would think they would be correct!

It really amazes me how many times I have tried to correct business locations in Google Maps only to get a message saying I can't because it's an owner-verified listing. In the case of Tim Horton's, they probably outsourced the creation of the POI list and either assumed it was correct, or just spot checked it.

I'm also fairly surprised that a retail business bothered to do this in the first place.

Ask a Question