Minor issues with a new TomTom ONE XL-S

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
I just bought a new TomTom ONE XL-S yesterday. I installed a 2GB SD card and moved everything over. It works fine with a few small exceptions...

1. It keeps telling me the chosen voice is not available. However, if I go to choose the voice again, it is right there and once I select it, it's fine again. If it matters, I'm using Susan - English (US).

2. I set a car icon, but it keeps going back to the blue arrow.

3. There is a road I travel often that the map shows as ending and then starting back up a few blocks away, but the road actually continues straight through and has done so for years. I made the correction, but it does not save it. It says it submits it to TomTom, but shouldn't it stay on my map? I have it set to keep any error corrections I submit, but it's not doing it.

Is there a setting I need to set to make it keep my settings? Any help is appreciated.

BTW, this seems to only happen if I hook the TomTom up to my PC and control it from the computer. Once I set everything back, it stays until I do this again.

Last edited:
I just bought a new TomTom ONE XL-S yesterday. I installed a 2GB SD card and moved everything over. It works fine with a few small exceptions...

1. It keeps telling me the chosen voice is not available. However, if I go to choose the voice again, it is right there and once I select it, it's fine again. If it matters, I'm using Susan - English (US).

2. I set a car icon, but it keeps going back to the blue arrow.

3. There is a road I travel often that the map shows as ending and then starting back up a few blocks away, but the road actually continues straight through and has done so for years. I made the correction, but it does not save it. It says it submits it to TomTom, but shouldn't it stay on my map? I have it set to keep any error corrections I submit, but it's not doing it.

Is there a setting I need to set to make it keep my settings? Any help is appreciated.

BTW, this seems to only happen if I hook the TomTom up to my PC and control it from the computer. Once I set everything back, it stays until I do this again.

There is a bug in Home's software such that if you use 'Operate My Go', your computer voice gets 'lost' and you have to reselect, as you described. Bug's been there a while; clearly not a priority for TT to fix it.:mad:

The car icon will only be seen in 3D view, not 2D view. Could that be the issue?

Unfortunately, mapshare changes involving physical alterations to roads (such as adding a road, deleting one) can only be reported, as you've found. It's only the mapshare changes you find choices for on the first screen of changes (<--gosh, what a crappy sentence structure) that can be reflected on the current map.

Ask a Question