Menu Icons

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
G'day All,

Does anyone know the icon restrictions of making menu icons, I've managed to get 80x50 with 256 colours in .bmp format working but I'm no graphic artist so they look pretty crappy. The icons in the menu look better quality than that but maybe I'm wrong, I figured since the car icons are in 24 bit that it maybe something I'm doing wrong as my 24 bit icons refuse to show, basically I just want a back arrow that looks like the forward arrow for the menu set but so far I'm out of luck to either find one or get one of equal quality working. While they look ok in the paint program once they load on the device (the ones I do get to work) do not have the same quality. hopefully it's just something I've not picked up on and someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.

Ok after playing around in PaintDotNet a bit more I've made a couple of discoveries I'll note here so if others come across this it will hopefully help them out,

1 canvas size, Must be 90x60 that's 90 wide and 60 high in pixels, any smaller distorts the image, any larger and the image will not load. Not 100% sure if this applies just to the GO 730 but it's at least a good starting point to work from.

2 colour, must be 256 (8bit) and background/transparency colour must be pure red eg rgb (255,0,0) basically any pure red in the image is transparent on loading. And lastly, images must be in .bmp format.

HTH
Mark.

Last edited:

Ask a Question