Menu Icons Disappear

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Something strange happened with my TomTom ONE today. I had just taken out the SD card out and just put it in the slot again. I then powered on my TT1 and my menu had icons missing, the TomTom Traffic, Connect to your phone, TomTom Weather, TomTom PLUS servies were all missing.

I turned it off and then turned it on again, still the icons were missing. I did a reset and now its back to normal :confused:

No clue what happened, or why it would do that. Anyone experience the same thing?

Hmmm, very odd indeed. Did you have a custom menu installed?

I do have a custom app, the Nano-X which adds a new icon to my main menu. Normally I would have 3pgs of icons but now I have 4 because of the Nano-X app.

Do you think its the custom app thats causing the problem?

Yes, I do think so, but I don't have a reason why. :)

Sometimes custom menus/apps just cause strange behavior that a reset will normally take care of.

Thanks, I want to make sure if the custome menu was messing up with my ONE or it was a 3rd party app.

Digital-Flex, did you check in 'Change preferences' to see that the 'Show all menu options' command has been activated? For some reason, it can get reset when you remove the SD card.

Digital-Flex, did you check in 'Change preferences' to see that the 'Show all menu options' command has been activated? For some reason, it can get reset when you remove the SD card.

Actually I did. At the time it happened I checked the 'Change Preferences' and the command 'show fewer options' was showing so that means all the icons were suppose to be all there but they were not.

It was just so weird, especially since all the icons related to the PLUS services. At first I thought that free my subscription ended but even that didn't make sense because it shouldn't remove those icons.

I can't explain it. Thanks though.

Im glad you got it fixed. If there is other members who encounter this problem, a reset should cure it.

Ask a Question