Quick Menu Drops Icons when Using Custom Menus

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd, GO 720
Not sure if this is a known problem (or if it's exclusive to 720's), but searching the forums turned up nothing...

What I've found is that whenever I enable custom menus, my Quick Menu is reduced to just three icons: "Help Me" "Mark Location of Map Error" & "Add Position to Favorites" when I'd previously selected these additional options: "Music Menu" "Call..." & "VR Navigate to..."

Has anybody noted this, before or better yet, found a solution? Switching menus with MenuTT, re-setting the Quick Menu, then switching back, doesn't fix it either. No Quick Menu calls in the old (6.0) SDK, no 'custom menu' access to the Quick. :confused:

R?

Some follow-up:

Through experimentation, it looks as if the presence of any custom menu completely wipes out the Quick Menu, but some of the remaining options have persistence due to other config settings. The "Map Errors" button is also activated through a screen in the Map Corrections Prefs. I was unable to find a method to restore or set the Quick, in the menu notes published so far.

For now at least, I think I'm going to disable custom menus on this 720. I was mainly interested in reassigning/rearranging the Page One icons for ease of use. However, I can accomplish much of that using all six slots in a fully functioning Quick Menu. And, unlike my ONE, most of the features are present in the default menu. ;)

R?

Don't have GO720 but I have no problem of using/selecting icons on the Quick Menu with my custom-menu GO920.
There are more than 10 checkboxes but 6 would be the maximum number to display.

Here's another oddity: using "Operate My TomTom" in Home also causes the Quick Menu to drop some of its icons.

Prior to docking, I had: Music Menu, Map Errors, (Dialog) Navigate To..., Add Favorite, FM Transmitter, & Call... in the Quick Menu. After Operating through Home & undocking, only these remained: Map Error, Add Favorite & FM Transmitter. Maybe more testing is needed... :confused:

My GO 720 also has about 10 possible Quick Menu choices, out of which a maximum of 6 may be selected.

Using the emulator (Operate my go) will probably also cause the loss of any computer voices you've selected. Known issue that the emulator causes some loss of settings ..... just another glitch not dealt with yet by TT. :(

Using the emulator (Operate my go) will probably also cause the loss of any computer voices you've selected. Known issue that the emulator causes some loss of settings ..... just another glitch not dealt with yet by TT. :(
Yes, it does, in fact. I get a "red" screen stating that my selected voice does not support the options, etc. It then prompts me to re-select my (non-computer) voice, followed by another "red" screen, which prompts me to re-select a computer voice for verbose directions.

Another thing I've noticed is that the emulator can't display the Jukebox (Music Menu) icon, instead it substitutes a second Itinerary option. I suppose this could be related to my Quick Menu issue, since I've added that same Music icon to it.

Unfortunately, I've had to rely heavily on the emulator, of late, to re-enter all my local corrections & speed limit changes. Grrrr. :mad:

R?

Somewhere in the manual, it states the emulator does not support all functions of the unit when undocked, which is true.

Don't remember reading where it wipes out certain settings, though. I musta missed that sentence .......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, on my Go 630, any quick meu icons that aren't supported by the emulator dissapear from the device when ever the emulator is activated (like if I send a Google map location directly to the device.)
Very annoying. It would be nice if TT started to come out with some upgrades to address stuff like this. I'm getting more and more turned off of TT for my next GPS purchase.

Ask a Question