v9.061Quick menu preferences, can I add one more option?

TomTom Model(s)
Classic & 730 (daughters')
Quick menu preferences only have a limited amount of options you can select. Does anyone know how I can add another option like "Prepare Route"?

Thanks

To do that if the unit doesn't have it in easymenu you would need to make a custom menu. I just posted a custom menu that has that here http://home.earthlink.net/~russellbaker/SdkRegistry.zip

To try it just download, unzip it to tthe tomtom drive and it makes a directory called SdkRegistry with all the necessary files for the custom menu. Has the switchmenu to get back and forth between original and custom menu, you can go back to the original by using the switchmenu icon or just delete the SdkRegistry or change the name of the Tomtom.mnu file in the SdkRegistry to something else like Totom.old. Make sure you have a backup of the tomtom first before you change anything on your unit.

Lots of easymenu custom menu info here
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...ow-get-more-menu-options-models-easymenu.html

Just a note of clarification - there is a difference between EasyMenu and "Quick Menu" which is what I believe you are asking about. It isn't possible to add just one item (e.g. "Prepare Route") to the Quick Menu option. If you'd use any menu building programs using SdkRegistry, it's all or none . . . sorry!

Last edited:
alfie67, Thanks for adjusting my sights!

The difference is huge. I'm aiming at the wrong target.

EmilG disregard my last transmission......

I've got those Easymenu Blues......
moon-02-june.jpg

Aiken Drum, it's an "EasyMistake" to make (smile). I did read through your earlier post and am very appreciate of the resources you've compiled to help make life easier for EasyMenu'ers. I hope there will be many who will take advantage of and benefit from your hard work!

Thanks for posting the Easy Menu stuff which I played around with anyway.
While we're here I have a question if you don't mind.
When using a TASK_SDKx command, how is the number decided?
Kinda looks like the earliest date gets the lowest number 1 and they go up from there.
I need to play around with it a bit more before I can come up with a question if I can't get it going right.

Thanks all!

Thanks for posting the Easy Menu stuff which I played around with anyway.
While we're here I have a question if you don't mind.
When using a TASK_SDKx command, how is the number decided?
Kinda looks like the earliest date gets the lowest number 1 and they go up from there.
I need to play around with it a bit more before I can come up with a question if I can't get it going right.

Thanks all!
This is according to the SDK6 documentation
--------------------------------------------------------
"A special item TASK_SDKn is defined:

MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|

This item represents the command to be sent to an external application, as defined in a capability file.

If you have several commands to send or several applications to start, you should define a different TASK_SDKn for each command. If you have three commands defined in capability files, these items should be defined in the menu: TASK_SDK1, TASK_SDK2, TASK_SDK3. Please note that adding an icon or a description to the SDK_TASK line, the icon and description specified in the capability file will be overwritten.

The external commands will be interpreted in the same order as they were on the extended menu. Capability files are read in creation order, i.e. the files that were created first will be read first. The commands from the capability files are assigned to TASK_SDKn menu items in the order in which they are found in the capability file. If e.g. you create two capability files in this order: a.cap and b.cap, then a.cap would be read first, en b.cap second. If a.cap has 3 commands and b.cap has 2 commands, then the commands from a.cap would be represented by tasks TASK_SDK1, TASK_SDK2 and TASK_SDK3. The tasks from b.cap would be represented by TASK_SDK4 and TASK_SDK5. "
---------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at mine and the cap file date is not the order of the icons on the menu so I really don't know if it's the date or what. Attached is the documentation from the SDK, maybe I'm missing something.

The attached zip file is part of the SDK6 documentation about the custom menu which this info came out of, you can download the whole SDK6 documentation from http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/PRO/TomTomGO-SDK6_Documentation.zip

Wish I could be more help, in reality it really seems to work like a crapshoot on my TT.

Attachments

• configuration2.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 318
Well I kinda made some sense to the ordering, it does seem to go by date.

I'm just having a heck if a time getting the thing to do a reset reliably back and forth between the custom menu and default menu. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it will restart, do the "I agree" thing then reboot itself again.

I'm using the switch menu script that renames Tom.mnu then calls

killall mplayer ttn
/bin/ttn &

any ideas?

Thanks

If the switchmenu doesn't do the switch then do a hard reset and restart the TT and then it will. It does that going from original to custom on mine, from custom to original it usually works ok.

Thanks for that info, I was going nuts trying to make it work reliably.

Do you have TTExplorer working?
I get the icon up but when I press it nothing happens.

There are no install instructions at the present time and there's a ttexplorer_v1.0a.toc file in the download that I don't know what to do with.

Once again, Thanks!

TOC = Table Of Contents file. Not needed, I think it is used to let TT Home have a reference to installed software.

TT explorer won't run if you have a version 9 navcore, and from what I've heard it won't run post v 8.3 navcore (that's if I'm thinking about the right program <g>) I have CRS sometimes.

If the switchmenu doesn't do the switch then do a hard reset and restart the TT and then it will. It does that going from original to custom on mine, from custom to original it usually works ok.

I use reboot instead of killall mplayer ttn in switchmenu.sh, works every time both ways :) !

I use reboot instead of killall mplayer ttn in switchmenu.sh, works every time both ways :) !

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it acts. killall was put into switchmenu due to the author's incident with MenuTT (another less elegant way to switch between menu's) and mplayer that destroyed his SdkRegistry, he wanted to make sure mplayer was completly taken out of the picture because he didn't trust it.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...tching-original-custom-menus-screen-dump.html

Much appreciated!

I just noticed that when I do the reboot, if I made a change like selecting POI's, they don't get saved.
Maybe a killall, then reboot would take care of it.

When I get a chance I'll experiment a bit further with it.

I just noticed that when I do the reboot, if I made a change like selecting POI's, they don't get saved.
To avoid rewriting flash memory all the time (it does have a limited erase/write cycle life), many changes aren't saved until the unit is powering down through a 'normal' user power down cycle. A non-standard reboot doesn't allow the unit to perform those functions.

To avoid rewriting flash memory all the time (it does have a limited erase/write cycle life), many changes aren't saved until the unit is powering down through a 'normal' user power down cycle. A non-standard reboot doesn't allow the unit to perform those functions.

Ah, makes sense.

Ask a Question