How to access Quick Menu via BT Remote?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
How do I access the Quick Menu from my BT Remote on a GO 920 with v8.3 firmware?

I tried but cant figure it out. kinda a pain when im driving.

Thanks,

Chris

How do I access the Quick Menu from my BT Remote on a GO 920 with v8.3 firmware?

I tried but cant figure it out. kinda a pain when im driving.

Thanks,

Chris

Agreed, it is a pain. ...but AFAIK you have to touch the screen to get access to that menu. I would love quick access to the traffic screen too (normally accessed by tapping the traffic bar).

thanks Hitchiker. The remote manual is not too useful, so appreciate the great tip

I thought clicking on the ENTER button opened the MAIN menu, not the QUICK menu...

Clicking on the ENTER button does open the MAIN menu...

Hichhiker's instruction was to press and hold the button...however, this doesn't seem to open the QUICK menu for me on my 930T with BT remote...

Ray :)

Edit: This now works for me after cputrdoc's clarification of the correct button to use...

Last edited:
Cputrdoc,
Nope, that doesn't work on my unit either. The lower middle button, when pressed, does nothing at all. If I press the left side it takes me to the volume menu, the right side gives me a status summary, the centre button does nothing.

Andy

Cputrdoc,
Nope, that doesn't work on my unit either. The lower middle button, when pressed, does nothing at all. If I press the left side it takes me to the volume menu, the right side gives me a status summary, the centre button does nothing.

Now, you got the right button, just need to do the right action. Press and HOLD it for a few secs until menu appears.

-HH

Cputrdoc,

Andy

Andy...

You do have the QuickMenu populated with at least one item, right, so that it's icon appears on the driving display? There's nothing to open until the icon's there...

This now works for me thanks to cputrdoc's illumination with respect to the correct button to press and hold (2 seconds works fine).

Ray :)

There are items in the Quick Menu, and it is visible on the main screen. I am using 8.010, so maybe that's the problem (I don't want to loose Tripmaster, Offreoad Nav. etc.)
I guess it's just not going to work for me.
Andy

There are items in the Quick Menu, and it is visible on the main screen. I am using 8.010, so maybe that's the problem (I don't want to loose Tripmaster, Offreoad Nav. etc.)
I guess it's just not going to work for me.
Andy

Must be. I'm using a 920T with firmware 8.320. No problems for me using that button.

Now, is there any way to get to the phone menu while on a call. My tomtom is mounted a bit too far from me and hanging up on a call is a pain. :-(

-HH
Using the remote, press the Select button to bring up the Main Menu. Select Phone.

Ask a Question