Maps-Illinois-newer 355 S extension

mmo

I am totally new to this GPS thing but feel it will be great...I have a question already...I registered at tthome, updated for maps, yet where I live in IL we have the new 355 S extension that opened around 1-2 months ago that I use to go to my sister's home in Orland Park---but the tt won't show the new route, which really cuts 15-20 minutes off the time it used to take. Does this company not update on a regular basis? I checked on preferences that I would accept corrections from tt, verified by tt, trusted sources and corrections by many. I can't believe the new extension still won't show up. Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance!

There are many areas that still may not show up with brand new maps. This happens with pretty much all GPS systems as you have to wait until they can get an accurate shot of your area with their satellite. I have found a few areas that are brand new show up for me but others that are a few years old do not. It also depends on the size of the city as Tom Tom and other companies are a bit more focused on the larger cities to fill those up first. Don't worry about that route not showing up too much because chances are, espcilly it being only a few months old, its going to take a bit for it to show up officially.

The 355 Extension is also not on any of the web based mapping sites (google, yahoo, mapquest, etc). It is not in the latest maps from Teleatlas or Navteq, who are the companies that supply maps to the GPS providers.

I take the extension a lot, (I live in Orland) and when I am headed back to Orland I usually set Ikea in Bolingbrook as my destination (it's basically where 355 used to end)

I gave them the same map correction online, and it will be added at some point in the future. TomTom doesn't do their own mapping. They purchase the info, and it is up to the supplier to make that addition and add it to the TomTom map. When you take the new I extension, the TomTom is not operating because it senses you aren't on a valid roadway. Hang in there. Your maps will be revised someday.

HaulinGas

Ask a Question