Map Ver. 8.35 Issues

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920 T
Hi All-

If you are encountering issues trying to receive/display traffic on your TomTom device, it appears to be related to the latest map version. Per TomTom tech support:

"Dear Anthony,

Yes, version 8.35 is the latest version of the map available for your device, and we believe, the cause of this issue. If you still have a previous map version on your computer you can revert to that version for the time being. This should allow you to make use of traffic until we are able to correct this issue. If you would like help reverting to a previous map version we ask that you contact us over the phone and we will be happy to walk through it with you."

Looks like we'll be getting a fix shortly. Also, per TomTom:

"We are currently investigating the cause of this traffic outage. Please be assured that we will compensate our customers for any time that they were not able to access this service. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue and restore normal service."

They will be contacting those of us encountering the problem shortly....

A fix that many have found is this:

In the compressed cab file for the 835 map are 2 files: traffic.dat and tmccodes.dat, each with a byte value > 0.

However, in the installation of the the map on the unit, Home somehow changed the byte value to 0 for these 2 files. So, extracting the 'good' files and overwriting the 'bad' files would get traffic working again.

I tried this, DHN. Initially, both files were at 0 kb. I followed the instructions, extracting and then copying the good files over....overwriting the bad ones. Then I re-synced my device and confirmed that the good files had copied over correctly. Still had no luck. My traffic icon continued/continues to display the green arrow over the car icon. Just goes around and around...for hours.

Call up Tomtom, they should be able to activate and walk you through the steps of activating and downloading map 830, if they feel certain that the 830 map fixes the problem.

I hope so too, nealh. Twice now, their automatic system has closed my ticket...stating that the problem has been solved....which it hasn't. I immediately go back and reopen the ticket by updating it with a resounding NOOOO, IT'S NOT RESOLVED....DON'T CLOSE THIS TICKET UNTIL IT'S BEEN RESOLVED. In my latest request, after been told several times by their tech support that they're aware of the issue, isolated it, and are working on a solution, I've asked just when they anticipate issuing a corrected map update for it...but I've gotten no response.

Just a thought on this issue, are you using a Memory Card in the device, it is possible the Home software has installed the new v835 map to both the internal storage and the SD card, in this instance both v835 maps will have the two Traffic related files messed up during installation. It is just possible you have changed the files in one of the map folders but not the other and you won't know which one is selected for use by the device - Mike

Nope, Mike. No SD card is being used. Just the internal hard drive of the Go 920T itself. TomTom has told me that they've isolated the issue to a problem with the latest version of the USA map itself...and have advised me to roll back the map to the previous version until they can issue an update.

I will need to check my SD card but I specifically placed the map update on internal memory during the install process.

Ask a Question