Map Upgrades

TomTom Model(s)
XL250
We have both Australian and European maps on out TT device. When we go to upgrade, it only offers Australian maps. We are going to Europe soon and want to have the latest Euro map. How do we get an upgrade to the latest version? Do we have to buy a whole new map for $99?

What model do you have? The latest map is 910 and 915 is due within a week or so.

Call CS to assist:

Australia
1300 135 604
Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

What model do you have? The latest map is 910 and 915 is due within a week or so.

Call CS to assist:

Australia
1300 135 604
Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
Thanks for that - I didn't know the number to call. We have the XL250 and want the latest Euro map.

I'm not sure if you are talking about "free" map updates here, but if you are, then I'm afraid the "Latest map guarantee" and the "Lifetime map update" offers ONLY apply to the map for the territory where you bought the device. So for a "World" model bought in Europe you only get free updates for the Europe maps, and for an Australian unit, you will only get Australia.

It sucks, and TT are not "up-front" about it before you buy (or afterwards either!)

But if you are not expecting free updates, then it's probably just down to the WORDING in Home or the TT website.
There is not really any such thing as a map update, every map you buy is a complete new map. So they just may be offering a price-deal on a new map for the Aust. one you already have, or you may not be realising it is a full-price for it, as it is quite a bit cheaper then the Europe map.

Ask a Question