No more free MAP upgrades?

I was helping someone earlier tonight and we may have discoverd that the Free Upgrades are no longer free. Anyone here NOT upgrade yet and still need to with a qualifying device? If so, please at least try to order your upgrade (here's the link to check: http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/?C1=&C2=&C3= )

You have to enter your product code then your device serial number.

Why would it tell you that your serial number does not qualify if you JUST bought your device? The site clearly says:
FREE (plus s/h) for eligible customers through March 31, 2007!

What's an eligible customer?

Hoping some Newbies can help on this one....

Last edited:
Disregard...
Do I qualify for a free map update?
TomTom GO 910, GO 510, ONE and Navigator 6 customers in North America will not be charged for the new maps during the update period of December 20, 2006 through March 31, 2007. You will be charged only for shipping and handling.
All other TomTom customers are eligible for the new maps at the specially discounted price of $49.95 plus S & H through March 31, 2007.

info found here:
http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/promo.php

Last edited:
I just did this today, a brand new ONE from qvc, entered the serial number - but I was using Netscape, and it would not let me complete the $6 purchase (S&H) for the new maps on DVD.

So I switched to IE, but then my device serial number was "locked" because of the Netscape issue - but luckily that cleared after about 20 minutes. I was then able to put it through and give a credit card number.

Odd that it seems to be browser qualifying...
thanks for the info though. I'm sure it will be helpful. I've noticed some locks before when helping people. It usually clears within 5 minutes of inactivity, but 20 minutes wouldn't hurt either I suppose.

thanks again nyca!

Ask a Question