Map UpgradeSubscription Isn't Working

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I've bought into the Map Upgrade subscription service and have the PDF receipt from TT for verification. My TT Home doesn't seem to realize I've already done this and there is a prompt in the upper right corner to subscribe to the upgrade service. I've updated to TT HOME 2.6.2.1586. Please help. TT Support's website blows and I can't get it to let me log an e-mail message. None of the links work. Any assistance on how to get HOME to realize I ALREADY have subscribedto the upgrade service would be appreciated. Thanks!

You and everyone else, David.......:eek:

It's a bug in the Home software. Just keep your verification pdf.

update service

I've bought into the Map Upgrade subscription service and have the PDF receipt from TT for verification. My TT Home doesn't seem to realize I've already done this and there is a prompt in the upper right corner to subscribe to the upgrade service. I've updated to TT HOME 2.6.2.1586. Please help. TT Support's website blows and I can't get it to let me log an e-mail message. None of the links work. Any assistance on how to get HOME to realize I ALREADY have subscribedto the upgrade service would be appreciated. Thanks!

Before you purchased the update service on tom tom home their was a green dot circle in the upper right corner. After this purchase this green dot becomes red indicating that their is presently no new update available. under this it says to again purchase an update which should not say this. When their is an updated available that will probabley be at the end of may this red dot will again become green indicating that you can get this next update. Tom tom really should correct this problem.

Thanks for the info doctormstein1. I think the red for update and green for no update is counter-intuitive, but at least now I understand their scheme.

My Home tonight generated a pop up when I went to check for available maps, asking me if I wanted to buy the subscription, which I bought in March. Yes, I have my .pdf of the transaction too as well as my credit card statement with the tracking number. There is nothing in my online account indicating I ever bought the subscription, other than the order itself. Yes, there is a lot wrong with something and it's not on my side. My gas prices subscription also mysteriously disappeared from my online account too, at the same time.

Yes, I have the same issue with the map subscription not appearing in My Account. Even called CS about it .. Bottom line, keep the pdf file. Your subscription IS registered with TomTom but, just in case.

same problem here I got the map upgrades and my TT home has a red dot that says there are maps available and ask if I want to suscribe. I have my receipts showing I have paid for the service though. I have map 8.25 as my map is there a newer map??

Here's my response fron them...

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding your concerns about the Map Update Service. My name is Patrick. We are always happy to help.

We have verified that the latest maps, and the Map Update Service are active in your account. Currently the Map Update Service is informing customers that they still need to update their maps after purchasing this service. We apologize for the confusion. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible to avoid further confusion. We appreciate your patience while we work to improve your customer experience.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Patrick
TomTom Customer Support

Should you wish to update your TomTom Question, please log in to your TomTom account via the TomTom website and do the following:

-Click on 'Support'
-Select 'My Questions History'
-Click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'
Customer (Data_Dan) 04/21/2009 06:21 NM
I recently purchased the Map Update Service but the order is not showing in my profile on the website. Also TomTom Home keeps prompting me that there is a newer version of my map but I do have the latest version. It wants to sell me another subscription to the Update Service! Is someone looking into this?
I have North America 2GB Ver. 825.2157
TomTom Home Ver. 2.6.2.1586
App Ver. 8.302

Just had a G720 stolen but still have all of my info for the updated maps package from there.

If I bought a refurb G730 would i technically be able to use those same map packs??

Unfortunately not since maps are locked to a specific device.

You'll need help from support at 866-486-6866 for this issue. Especially since refurbs don't get the LMG in North America as a policy (though exceptions are made, it appears).

Also,, if you do get a different TomTom, make sure you register it with a different email address than your other model .

Again, support will need to be involved. Warning: They may say 'too bad'. And technically they are correct to say so. In other words, you're gonna need lots of charm on this one....

I'm not sure how they could not allow you to change the subscription to a different unit, refurb or otherwise. Most software EULAs license the user to install the product on a set number of devices, typically one at a time. However, I'm within my legal right to uninstall the software from one device and install it on another one, assuming both machines are compatible. I understand the maps are model specific and that you won't be able to transfer a map to a different device, even within the same model family (say from a GO720 to a GO730) as the NAVCORE is different, but I wouldn't see why you couldn't transfer the map upgrade subscription to another device of the same model.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is with TomTom. You can't move maps from one device to another, even if both are the SAME model.

Even with subscriptions........let's say you paid for four update for a 720, got one and then bought, say, a 730. You cannot get the remaining three updates applied to the 730.

Not arguing with how things should be, just telling you what is ..... :eek:

This is from the licence agreement:

1) GRANT OF LICENSE: This EULA grants a license (?License?) that permits you to use the Software, provided the Software is installed on only one computer or Hardware device at any time and provided the Software is combined with only one navigation system.

It's the last part that TomTom protects itself with.

Ask a Question