920T: Free map upgrades for a year?

I think I remember seeing something about 920T users get free map upgrades for a year. However I can't find this anywhere on tomtoms website and was curious if this is true?

I think I remember seeing something about 920T users get free map upgrades for a year. However I can't find this anywhere on tomtoms website and was curious if this is true?

this was a piece of paper which was included with the 920 from costco, it included a code to activate this option, I am not sure if it applies to all tomtom 920's as I know in the past costco seem to bid for better options on the same items.

tim

It was buried at the bottom of my box, and upon further review it tells you to visit this website.

tomtom.com/1yearmaps

Then it instructs you to hold onto the promo code until after Jan 25th 2008. Then we will be eligible for map updates for 2008. Have to say this is pretty sweet and well worth the premium price.

I wonder if TT is about to offer a map subscription service. It sure would be nice if they offered it at a reasonable price.

It was buried at the bottom of my box, and upon further review it tells you to visit this website.

tomtom.com/1yearmaps

Then it instructs you to hold onto the promo code until after Jan 25th 2008. Then we will be eligible for map updates for 2008. Have to say this is pretty sweet and well worth the premium price.
Regretfully, this no longer works.

You now have to call customer support and either scan or fax your code card and your proof of purchase to have them manually add the latest maps to your account.

I also suspect that you will need to call support each time you want a new map if more are released during your free year.

You are reviving an old thread. You are entitled to 1 free map update with 30 days of purchase of the unit. If you are in that window, use Home and the Tools menu-->Latest Map guarantee. Even if within the window, it may say you have the latest map (which is 8.15, btw). If so, you'll need to call support and provide a scan, fax or photo of your receipt and they'll add the maps to your account.

If beyond the 30 days, you may NOT be entitled to free maps for 1 year. Most 920 purchasers were NOT. If you never found a certificate in your packaging material, chances are you are not entitled to the freebee beyond 30 days.

You are reviving an old thread. You are entitled to 1 free map update with 30 days of purchase of the unit. If you are in that window, use Home and the Tools menu-->Latest Map guarantee. Even if within the window, it may say you have the latest map (which is 8.15, btw). If so, you'll need to call support and provide a scan, fax or photo of your receipt and they'll add the maps to your account.

If beyond the 30 days, you may NOT be entitled to free maps for 1 year. Most 920 purchasers were NOT. If you never found a certificate in your packaging material, chances are you are not entitled to the freebee beyond 30 days.
I have the 920 with " 1 year map guarantee", TT is honoring it for the one year. I have upgraded both the NA and West. Europe maps with 2 newer versions for each since i purchased the unit in late September/08
I too have had to telephone their help desk on the two occasions and have complained to them about having to do this each time there is a new version of the maps, even though they have a scanned copy of my 1 year map guarantee and receipt of purchase. My complaint was forwarded to a team leader for consideration-supposedly.

Ask a Question