Map Update Service

TomTom Model(s)
GO 930
I have a GO930 for which I am trying to purchase the Map Update Service for North America (I also purchased the Map Update Service for Europe previously). However, I get the following error: "You can't add maps to your device because this function is not supported by this version of HOME. Try updating your HOME application version by clicking 'Check for TomTom HOME updates' on the HOME Help menu."

I have the latest version of HOME installed (2.6.3.1609) and the latest navcore (8.351) and TomTom support has not been any help in resolving the problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem and been able to resolve it?

Are you on a pc or Mac?

For the heck of it, try a pin reset on your unit. Redock. Restart Home. Try getting to the subscription using Add Maps....

If you still get that error, call support again at 866-486-6866. They should be able to resolve the issue for you. If first level customer support is not helpful, ask for 2nd level. TomTom is hardly in a postition to refuse a customer's money willingly offered.

I am running Windows Vista on a PC. I have also tried to reset the GO 930 and "add Maps", however, nothing has worked.

Under properties for Home, can you change it to run as XP compatible as see if that helps?

A couple of other thoughts:

1) maybe try downgrading to app 8.350. HOME tends to do funny stuff with the latest applications, at least for the first couple weeks, Some in the Brit forum have reported that Operate My GO breaks with 8.351, so map installation problems don't surprise me. To downgrade, go to "remove items" and remove the application from your device. Then go to "add traffic, voices.." then on the last screen go to "items on my computer". Assuming you downloaded 8.350 in the past, select it from applications and install it.

2) If that fails. Delete the ttgo.bif file, shut the tomtom off, and do a pin reset. Tomtom will regenerate one the next time it turns on. This file tells HOME what model it is, and creating a new one may help the identification.

Ask a Question